110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

15 minutes ago, SiliconExpress said:

110 is fine. I dont see any reason to be able to go faster. Before when there was no limiter you could do 170 something. It just causes mayhem. 110 is a reasonable speed. But a 90kph limiter would make it a bit dull since there is no ai traffic involved.

You claim that driving with 170 km / h causes turmoil. Now there is a 110 km / h limitation. So is there no turmoil now? Has the number of ban eaters decreased significantly? No.

You just think you know. Much more than meets the eye!  

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows said:

You claim that driving with 170 km / h causes turmoil. Now there is a 110 km / h limitation. So is there no turmoil now? Has the number of ban eaters decreased significantly? No.

Im not sure you understood my post right. I meant that with the 110kph limit there is less chance of havoc than before. The 110 limit is fine. That speed will not cause similar destruction compared to having no limiter at all. The turmoil happening now is not because of the 110kph limiter. The accidents that happen now are mostly intentional having nothing to do with the 110kph limiter.

36 minutes ago, SiliconExpress said:

110 is fine. I dont see any reason to be able to go faster. Before when there was no limiter you could do 170 something. It just causes mayhem. 110 is a reasonable speed. But a 90kph limiter would make it a bit dull since there is no ai traffic involved.

I understood what you said. You may be right.

12 minutes ago, Nobody Knows said:

I understood what you said. You may be right.

But that is just my point of the view. Nearly all the accidents i have had recently are due to someone preventing me from overtaking them on the motorway, driving the wrong way or just causing a head on collision. Reducing the limiter from 110 to 90 for example would not have any effect on those type of accidents. Driving 110kph into a steep bend will make the player to drive into the ditch. But those places are mostly just off ramps from highways and not regular roads. And in that case they just make harm to themselves. But whatever the rules and restrictions, there will always be accidents. You cannot assume that you can drive crash free in any multiplayer. If presence of others is bothering, there is single player. Accidents happen alot in busy areas and they are unintentional most of the time. 

But having this said about mp, there is real life. In real life trucks crash and drive into a ditch too. So as of that id say its only realistic.

13 minutes ago, SiliconExpress said:

But that is just my point of the view. Nearly all the accidents i have had recently are due to someone preventing me from overtaking them on the motorway, driving the wrong way or just causing a head on collision. Reducing the limiter from 110 to 90 for example would not have any effect on those type of accidents. Driving 110kph into a steep bend will make the player to drive into the ditch. But those places are mostly just off ramps from highways and not regular roads. And in that case they just make harm to themselves. But whatever the rules and restrictions, there will always be accidents. You cannot assume that you can drive crash free in any multiplayer. If presence of others is bothering, there is single player. Accidents happen alot in busy areas and they are unintentional most of the time. 

But having this said about mp, there is real life. In real life trucks crash and drive into a ditch too. So as of that id say its only realistic.

I tried to say the same thing. Accidents will always happen. Linking this with speed limits would be a big mistake.

28 minutes ago, Nobody Knows said:

I tried to say the same thing. Accidents will always happen. Linking this with speed limits would be a big mistake.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused. The reasons are as manifold as our community, however excessive speed in general does not contribute to the safety of road traffic.

Please also bear in mind that the speed limit is not meant to be a measure against trolling.

I think there should be 110 Limits because I think the trolls are decreasing. After all, it's not a speed game or a racing game, it's a simulation game. And I think the best speed on a road is 90. ?

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Accidents do not happen, they are caused. The reasons are as manifold as our community, however excessive speed in general does not contribute to the safety of road traffic.

Please also bear in mind that the speed limit is not meant to be a measure against trolling.

They are indeed caused from human factor but that does not mean they are intentional. Trolls will be trolls. We can have a 50kph limiter all day long and there will still be trolls causing havoc. And that is alot for the moderation to rule out those who break the rules intentionally and those who are made to seem guilty when they are not.

8 hours ago, SiliconExpress said:

I do. Because while ETS2 is a simulator, it is also a GAME.
On top of that, the overwhelming majority of the "mayhem" you talk about has always been (and still is) in and around cities. This is why I agree with the 60km/hr speed cap within city limits. Because they seem to work.
I don't agree with the general 110km/hr speed cap in general however, because I think it does little to nothing to help with that same "mayhem".
In fact, I would much rather a bad driver overtaking me and getting as much distance between me and them as possible, than one hanging around in my vicinity due to a speed cap.

16 hours ago, OmSaL said:

I think there should be 110 Limits because I think the trolls are decreasing. After all, it's not a speed game or a racing game, it's a simulation game. And I think the best speed on a road is 90. ?

Very good point if they want a racing one they can just go on a racing game

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

22 hours ago, SiliconExpress said:

They are indeed caused from human factor but that does not mean they are intentional. Trolls will be trolls. We can have a 50kph limiter all day long and there will still be trolls causing havoc. And that is alot for the moderation to rule out those who break the rules intentionally and those who are made to seem guilty when they are not.

I did not say they are all caused intentional. I just wanted to point out that accidents to not happen out of the blue.
There is a cause for everything. This can be for example lack of situational awareness, violating the safety distance, driving at excessive speed, etc.
I agree that it can be difficult sometimes to determine if an accident was caused by recklessness or carelessness.
IMO, the moderation team does a fantastic job.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived