When you are overtaking do you use the left or right/middle lane?

Dynoro

I'm limited to 90 kph so I normally won't be overtaking other players.  However where I overtake normally depends on the other trucker, I'll only try and overtake if I'm positive that I won't be hit by the other player and I'm on a multiple lane highway.  If I'm confident that they can maintain their lane without leaving it I will try and pass in the middle lane (which leaves the inside free for faster traffic) otherwise if I don't think the other player can maintain their lane I will wait until I have a 3 lane highway and I'll pass using the inside lane so that they have a buffer space between us.

Normally I overtake using the left lane, but if the user is driving on the left lane and won't move after I flash him, I just overtake on the right as he won't move to the lane he should be at...

Also, if the user is all over the road and failing to stay at one lane, I just overtake using the lane that is further away from that user (either all the way to the left or all the way to the right stepping on the emergency lane) to avoid any collisions/accidents..

PbF4Qgv.png
Retired Team Member
// Report // Ban appeal // Ingame rules // Support //

Hey my friend )) @Dynoro

As is said here, in Europe you should use a left lane for overtaking , but it can happend , that some guy , will not want to push you to overtaking and he on purpose will be blocking your left lane to overtaking , So you would normally use a right lane.

I can not never understand  , why people driving 90km/h in left lane  , when left side is taken as faster^^..

This video is really helpful to explanation as you have overtaking :))

Kind Regards

-----Dark_Owl_-----

TruckersMP Members

I personally never overtake from the right unless I'm in a city area. If someone's going 80km/h on the far-left lane, I stay behind at 80km/h. If they are intentionally being slow trying to block traffic or ram passbyers I report them. The thing I've seen a lot of lately is people overtaking from the hard shoulder. Some of these result in an accident because they hit the guardrail and ram into me. I wish people followed at least some basic traffic rules even if it isn't a simulation server

in reality you could drive on whatever lane you want, people try to roleplay and act like there is traffic and because of that most people are keeping to the right lane(in UK left side), and let other drivers overtake on your left, but as long you or the driver that is passing you doesnt effect the gameplay, there will be no punishments for either parties.

same case with red lights, its not against the rules(at least it wasnt few months ago) to go thru red lights, but if you go thru a red light and you cause an accident or because of your action an accident occurred, then youll most likely get punished.

• 2 weeks later...

in both parts of the Country, Europe when your on the right hand side, double lanes drive in the slow lane (right lane) and people overtake on the left side, and in England your on the left hand side, double lanes drive on the left hand side and they pass on the right line. If they overtake on the shoulder for e.g both lanes are being used currently and they overtake on the shoulder (Euro Right of the right lane where signs are normally) and UK (Left of the Left lane where signs are) is illegal overtaking which i'm sure is not allowed) :)

Viva Trucking Banner Template.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived