Lights

Shaddaz

Suggestion Name: Lights

Suggestion Description: force a minimum of parking lights on at all times

Note sure if there is a mod for Auto Lights to put normal lights on at night

Any example images:

Why should it be added?: we still have people not using lights or even not using the correct setting but forcing a minimum of parking lights even at night with engine off you should still be able to see a truck better

If we could use an auto light feature there should never be an excuse for not having light on as it would auto update at the correct time of day

(not sure if there is a mod out there for this feature so far i have not fond it but there is lots of light mods out there)

• Upvote 1

I expect Admins would also like this to be possible, lights forced on at night. It might not be possible, or it might need every player to have an automatic truck mod added of a light on the vehicle, somewhere...

Especially as reflectors are not something that seem to feature on this simulator, unless it's just my graphics setting.

+1

it cut off the realism

you cant call it a simulator anymore if you havnt control about a certain number of functions

sure, people make mistakes. but in real life this happens too. you need to be aware of everything. this is an important part of simulation

• Upvote 1

Don't be too hasty with the -1's... the OP is not suggesting automatic headlights or full beams or beacons or auxiliary lights, or anything to make the simulation less realistic, but just that even with engines off there ought to be some kind of light illuminated automatically somehow. At least, that's what I understood the suggestion to be anyway.

I like this idea because you come along and then turn and a idiot smashes into the side of you and blames it on you! +1

Wow. A number of people not liking this idea. Can I just point out that automatic lights is a VERY common thing on new vehicles. Apart from the Daytime Running Lights that are now (or soon to be, at least) law in the EU. I used to drive a van from '07 and that had automatic wipers and lights. I almost never touched the controls for either as they worked really well - just occasionally had to switch the lights on or do one wipe of the wipers.

TL;DR: I don't see how this takes away from the simulation - it exists in real life. Good suggestion!

• 3 weeks later...

it cut off the realism

you cant call it a simulator anymore if you havnt control about a certain number of functions

sure, people make mistakes. but in real life this happens too. you need to be aware of everything. this is an important part of simulation

Yep, I have to say that this suggestion is like:

Lets force autodriving because some people can't drive well)

Another auto-something suggestion. Seriously, lets try to learn and teach others. If not, go watch gameplays lol.

It's a simulator for a reason. Adding this would decrease the feel, Having lights turned on automatically, I like turning them on myself thank you. :3

U guys have a car? I do and i never turn my lights on or off, they are automatic, my moms Renault Megane made in 2004 has it automatic, i dont even know how to turn them off i think you cant and my Seat Ibiza made in 2010 has the same thing too... I think someone got stuck in 1990-2000, no offence. It is more realistic that truck would have automatic lights than not.

U guys have a car? I do and i never turn my lights on or off, they are automatic, my moms Renault Megane made in 2004 has it automatic, i dont even know how to turn them off i think you cant and my Seat Ibiza made in 2010 has the same thing too... I think someone got stuck in 1990-2000, no offence. It is more realistic that truck would have automatic lights than not.

theres plenty of cars atleast that it isnt a basic option on.toyota for example doesnt has it on any cars.not sure about trucks tough.id immagine a renault has it as all french car manufacturers use it.

i would also advice you to find the switch to turn on your lights as sometimes its advisable to turn on lights while the sensor doesnt yet(or when the light sensor breaks,wich with a seat ibiza's electrics reputation is very likly :P )

theres plenty of cars atleast that it isnt a basic option on.toyota for example doesnt has it on any cars.not sure about trucks tough.id immagine a renault has it as all french car manufacturers use it.

i would also advice you to find the switch to turn on your lights as sometimes its advisable to turn on lights while the sensor doesnt yet(or when the light sensor breaks,wich with a seat ibiza's electrics reputation is very likly :P )

I know where to turn them on if needed, but i dont know how to turn them off xD

Btw i think Toyota doesnt have that sistem cuz it is japanese, my guess. Europeans like to be ahead in enginering :) 

Edited by antrax 737

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.