Honking (as Greeting), Appropriate or Not?

Denos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sometimes like to honk at people for about a second or less as a greeting when driving past, but I sometimes wait to let them honk first and then honk back to finish the greating. I also honk to warn people I'm approaching who haved stopped on the side of the road or who are driving slower.

I honk and it's generally a quick  "Beep Beep" 

Sometimes I'll flash but that's mostly to allow someone to pull out.

Other times when someone lets ME pull out,  I'll often indicate left/right/left/right as a thank you,  Or I'll let my hazards flash twice.

Voluntary Community Moderator of the Battlelog Forums.

Screenshot Enthusiast.

Doctor Who Fan.

I honk two quick, short tones in response if someone honks to me, but only because I'm still not precisely sure about the visibility of high beams.

Someone on another thread said that only additional lights which you've attached to your truck can be seen flashing, not the 'standard' high beams. Therefore, if you're passing a truck which doesn't have them, how can you even know if they're flashing in response? Seems a bit hit-or-miss.

I always try to honk back if some one honks me, I do see a lot turning there beacons on to say hi but I try to just use those for coming on/off highway ramps and late at night when Traffic lights are flashing yellow (something that has saved me from meany of crashes form others doing this as well).

As for me honking first all depends like on sharp turns or some other hazades condiotions like tight country roads I tend not to honk both for my sake and not to startal or distract other driver.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

• 1 month later...
  • Matt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived