Sailing causes game freeze

Mercuraz

Question

So I hadn't played ETS2MP for such a long time and decided to return to it.  I'm liking the improvements so far but I found that I'm literally restricted to the UK right now because my game freezes (audio still goes and I started in Cambridge) when I sail from the UK to Europe.  Normally, my game would lag for a few seconds, then the boat sound and loading screen appears.  But before I began, the game told me I needed to install some DLCs that I uninstalled because some updates in the main singleplayer game were having problems with some Paint Job DLCs.  I have a large number of paint job DLCs but the ones I removed are as follows: Metallic, Fantasy, Flip Paint, Force of Nature, Ice Cold and Viking Legends, as well as the Rocket League Promo paints.  One or more of them conflicted, so I removed them.  I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with the game freezing.  My internet is solid enough to run the game (it's not fibre but it's not slow)

10 answers to this question

Hello :) 

If you believe it is not due to connection, then try to follow these guides:

Have you tried verify your game ?

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

If it still doesn't work, try to reinstall game 

And then if your problem didn't solve, you should go here and make a bug report: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/380-in-game/

And suggestion: for this problem, when you running, you can get a permanently banned for reason hacking, so I suggest you should record when playing game.  Video is the best evidence for you can unban if you are banned permanently 

Also look at these topics:

Spoiler

Hello,

Try this solutions:

• Go under "Settings" and then go under "Keyboard Settings" and put the screenshot and Safegame function to an other keyO

• Or  you go by your Steam library and click with the right mouse buttom on ETS2 and go under "characteristics" and then to "local files" and then the last buttom "Check files for errors". In 10-15 minutes are problems maybe fixed

• Go by yout Steam Library and click with the right mouse buttom on ETS2 and go under "characteristics" and then to "local files" and then go to " Game uninstall" and then install it for a second time and then are problems fixed

With all respect,

Gainer

This is probably due to a large amount of hired drivers in your profile. After a long time without playing, when you start the game again, the difference in time between the server and your profile's saved game is huge. When you try to use the ferry, MP "synchronizes" this time difference and in order to do that, it needs to calculate the progress your hired drivers made along all the time you were not playing. It can take several minutes, the game is not really frozen, you just need to wait and eventually it will resume and you'll have several "extra" millions in your account.

• Upvote 1

Hey  Mercuraz :D 

Theres a few reasons why it might be freezing when travelling and a way to fix it.

1. What was said by Fernando ^^ 

2. Loading into singleplayer, enabling freecam and flying from Dover to Calais and then spawning in there. Then advance time or sleep and it should refresh all the drivers and money. then you can load back into TMP without any issues :D 

3. Try sleeping in the UK, or advancing time in console, since that should sync up all drivers and their incomes.

Hope that will help you :D 

- Levi

• Project Manager

Hello,

Basically as Fernando said but i may as well continue having already written it out.

I have experienced this problem before and this very prolonged freeze is actually the game time catching up to the time on the server but for some reason if you haven't been on for a significant amount of time this takes a lot longer. Took nearly 3 minutes of just a black screen for me. After this the game runs as normal and any other crossings should be at normal speed. So my advice in short is to just wait it out and all should be right.

Hope this helps,

George

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Rules | Knowledge Base | Report a Player | Provide Feedback

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, Mercuraz said:

So I hadn't played ETS2MP for such a long time and decided to return to it.  I'm liking the improvements so far but I found that I'm literally restricted to the UK right now because my game freezes (audio still goes and I started in Cambridge) when I sail from the UK to Europe.  Normally, my game would lag for a few seconds, then the boat sound and loading screen appears.  But before I began, the game told me I needed to install some DLCs that I uninstalled because some updates in the main singleplayer game were having problems with some Paint Job DLCs.  I have a large number of paint job DLCs but the ones I removed are as follows: Metallic, Fantasy, Flip Paint, Force of Nature, Ice Cold and Viking Legends, as well as the Rocket League Promo paints.  One or more of them conflicted, so I removed them.  I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with the game freezing.  My internet is solid enough to run the game (it's not fibre but it's not slow)

Good Evening,

I understand your frustration with this and I understand where you are coming from as I have had this happen to me before. 

This issue normally occurs when you have not played ETS2 /  ATS / TruckersMP for a long while and it is caused by the time differences in your save game and the TruckersMP server. Everyone within the TruckersMP servers have got a linked time so they keep up with each other, the sun rises for everyone and the sunsets for everyone at the same time. Although, when you use a ferry, it looks like your game has frozen, it hasn't. This 'freeze' in game screen is your game trying to catch up with the time on your save game and track your hired drivers progress to reward you for their earnings. If you would like this issue to be cut down, please take a look at your hired drivers and think about dismissing a few and if you do not wish to do that, unfortunately, the only other way to fix this issue is to wait for the game to do its thing,

I hope this helps you with your question,

Kind regards,

M.Pointing

Dear @Mercuraz,

It has been over 3 days since you last time replied to this topic. Because of the inactivity, I'll move this topic to the Inactive topics section. If you still need help, feel free to DM me or someone else from the support team. You can also submit a support ticket: https://support.truckersmp.com.

Thank you very much for your help and participation. Have a great day and happy trucking! ^_^

Regards,

MHT

TruckersMP Support Manager

/Locked and moved to Inactive due to inactivity.

Hey there!

5 days have passed since the last answer to this topic was created. The topic is very inactive, that's why I'll close it now. If you still need help, feel free to contact us via support.truckersmp.com or create another topic in the general help section. 

Thanks for understanding and happy trucking!

Best regards,

NeonLeon

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Unsolved due to inactivity