Servertime to the Chat

ledgeri [HUN]

Suggestion Name: Servertime to the Chat
Suggestion Description: Added actual servertime (GMT or other, but fixed) time to every chat-post to better tracking who when what wrote, when happened an accident, or in Admin-Banned relation prooving help in videos, and potentially on pictures, etc

Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: That would be helpful if everyone would be able to track down the time in-game globally for some, usefull reason. Maybe later, at higher client version, when the Ban system is more mature and not just live.

• Upvote 1

ledgeri.png/@ twitch ( Where i am streaming my every MULTI MOMENT!)             EU #2

If timestamps were implemented I would perfer it to pull the time from your computer

Problem with that is that it would make identification of times a much more difficult task in case knowing the time something was done or said was necessary. We all have different times so use the computer's clock to identify the time would be messy.

I support the idea of server-side time stamps in the chat. :)

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I would prefer local machine time instead of servertime.

Ok but, if you ask "are you was at rotterdam 18:32?" i can answer easily if both of us know "the" well known time ...   (edited the relation)

Edited by ledgeri

ledgeri.png/@ twitch ( Where i am streaming my every MULTI MOMENT!)             EU #2

Ok but, if you ask "are you was at rotterdam 18:32?" you can answer easily if both of you know "the" well known time ...

it is hard in game time sometimes because it would have to say the day. If it was in local machine time or even GMT time(for your example it would be better) but in local time it would be relevent to the minutes. In GMT time everyone has the same day and time that goes alot slower than in game time.

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

it is hard in game time sometimes because it would have to say the day. If it was in local machine time or even GMT time(for your example it would be better) but in local time it would be relevent to the minutes. In GMT time everyone has the same day and time that goes alot slower than in game time.

I dont want to manipulate the ingame time.... I just want a Globally well known time mark... The local time is not good for it, because for example i don't know your timezone, so if you publish a picture with a time code on it, i don't know when happened on the actual day, but if that is the GMT or CET or something appointed i will know when that made...

Maybe it's possible to only register the time in the actual log, but keep the chat window unchanged (e.g. no timestamp visible)

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Having chat timestamps in a foreign timezone seems confusing, better have local time there if any.

+1 for displaying the official server date and time somewhere on the screen at all times -- that is sufficient for international coordination and video recordings.

How about options for time stamps to keep the masses happy?

I quite like the idea of seeing something like the following:

[localtime] [+/-player timezone] [playername] [message]

[10:01:01am] [+0 GMT] DrToxic: Hi!
[10:01:08am] [+4 GMT] PlayerOne: Hey there

[Ad for something]

That way, no matter where you are in the world, you can see exactly what was said and when if the chat is visible in a screenshot.

That way, no matter where you are in the world, you can see exactly what was said and when if the chat is visible in a screenshot.

:wub:  loving it, but the character haters will hate it..

That will just take up waaaay too much space in the chat.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

just have the client log an extra file for chat logs including timestamps.

This is a solution too, but because this is not onscreen hard to mach as evidence.

But now i realized, there is a "mostly up" HUD element in the top left corner, what shows witch version is running from the client, like the server-marker on top right, or the "steam Offline". That could be good on the login screen as an extra pipe: Show time ingame: Local, server, none(both empty) with different color to each active option to prevent cheating on this way.

Also wondered why the devs did not reacted to this topic yet.