Anti Cheat (Memory Edit)

DubStepMad

Suggestion Name:  Anti Cheat Memory Detection

Suggestion Description: When using MP, there are background checks within the games memory for hacks/modifications being injected or/and hooked within a clients game. There are many ways this could be implemented within MP to ensure fair and fun game-play.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Due to the recent updates of the rules I have seen an increase of post about users who use speed hacks, etc but adding some sort of 'anti cheat' to MP will limit and decrease the amount of users using these modifications. For an example of this already being implemented but not forced, TrucksBook use a memory edit check to see if modifications are being made to jobs, etc at any time. If there are modifications to the job, it is rejected on their website and flagged with a rules violation for anyone to see. What I would like to see is MP using a similar system which uses the recording system which then makes an automatic report against the user with video evidence so there are no excuses from the user.

I would like to see what others think about this idea and maybe improve my base idea in ways.

P.S I couldn't find anything regarding this on the forums, please link the thread if I am incorrect.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 9

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

Implementing this can also be a viable choice, but it all depends on the developers decision.

r5CebKM.png

• Like 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

10 hours ago, SprinterFS said:

Implementing this can also be a viable choice, but it all depends on the developers decision.

r5CebKM.png

The main issue with this would be on how to enforce it since its mainly to do with the clients PC settings. I do not know what this piece of software is capable of but I would say to make sure there was no way to bypass or stop it from running would be for the devs to implement their own system, which then in turn disconnects a user from MP if the thread for the checks are either stopped or hijacked by external applications/modifications. 

Edited by [TSRVTC] DubStepMad
changes to wording.

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

• 1 month later...

To me, the simplest thing to counter cheats and hacks is to regulate correctly. It’s simple, when a player joins a server a check is ran against a database of allowed files, mods and adds s, anything seen as foreign is flagged and the connection process is terminated. So any hacks or cheats that need to be injected into the client are easily sniffed out and the player removed and automatically flaggedto all admins as having unidentified game files. 

This way, it’s less ntrusive than memory checks but still has the same affect, much like if someone tries to spawn a Scout with police parts added, they get instantly removed from the server.

I'm not sure about this tbh, depends on what is would be for, if this would stop the people who use speedhacks and ncz hacks then great but if it would stop profiles with save edited money and xp or stop MP truck and trailer mods (that follow the mod guidelines) then a massive no from me

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 minutes ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

I'm not sure about this tbh, depends on what is would be for, if this would stop the people who use speedhacks and ncz hacks then great but if it would stop profiles with save edited money and xp or stop MP truck and trailer mods (that follow the mod guidelines) then a massive no from me

I don't think I made it clear enough. What the purpose of this thread was to suggest to implement an anti-cheat while on TruckersMP Servers. Anything done on SP really wouldn't be limited due to what you are saying.

For example:

Player 1 uses a application to modify game memory (Values) while on the MP server and/or loading into it since some can/require to start before the game. This then invokes the user joining the server and makes an automatic report against him. Now while on the server it could record the user without them knowing and use that as evidence against the player.

Example of value change

Application changes the user's speed from 50mph to 150mph (Speed Hack), the anti-cheat would be scanning these values for impossible or/and drastically changed values that cant be achieved at all within the base game.

Player 2 uses save edits is allowed, now regarding XP that is SP and wouldn't change any values while on the MP servers.

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

To me, the simplest thing to counter cheats and hacks is to regulate correctly. It’s simple, when a player joins a server a check is ran against a database of allowed files, mods and adds s, anything seen as foreign is flagged and the connection process is terminated. So any hacks or cheats that need to be injected into the client are easily sniffed out and the player removed and automatically flaggedto all admins as having unidentified game files. 

This way, it’s less ntrusive than memory checks but still has the same affect, much like if someone tries to spawn a Scout with police parts added, they get instantly removed from the server.

I understand what your saying which seems as a good idea.

The problem is that checking files while the game is running is much harder plus some applications (hacks) don't intervene with the files directly but the game memory which then wouldn't be detected by scanning files.

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

Deploying an Anti-Cheat in the MP would be a great idea, but since everything is not easy, it goes from the developers and also investment of money, because you do not find anti cheat for free there.

9 hours ago, Tedd_ said:

Deploying an Anti-Cheat in the MP would be a great idea, but since everything is not easy, it goes from the developers and also investment of money, because you do not find anti cheat for free there.

Yeah pre-make anti-cheats can be expensive but if they wanted to save money, they could implement one of their own. I know it would be time consuming but on the other hand it saves money.

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

On 09/01/2018 at 11:21 PM, [TSRVTC] DubStepMad said:

Suggestion Name:  Anti Cheat Memory Detection

Suggestion Description: When using MP, there are background checks within the games memory for hacks/modifications being injected or/and hooked within a clients game. There are many ways this could be implemented within MP to ensure fair and fun game-play.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Due to the recent updates of the rules I have seen an increase of post about users who use speed hacks, etc but adding some sort of 'anti cheat' to MP will limit and decrease the amount of users using these modifications. For an example of this already being implemented but not forced, TrucksBook use a memory edit check to see if modifications are being made to jobs, etc at any time. If there are modifications to the job, it is rejected on their website and flagged with a rules violation for anyone to see. What I would like to see is MP using a similar system which uses the recording system which then makes an automatic report against the user with video evidence so there are no excuses from the user.

I would like to see what others think about this idea and maybe improve my base idea in ways.

P.S I couldn't find anything regarding this on the forums, please link the thread if I am incorrect.

Helo You know you can not use spid raker if it is not permanent, but I thought your idea was really cool.

22 hours ago, [TSRVTC] DubStepMad said:

I understand what your saying which seems as a good idea.

The problem is that checking files while the game is running is much harder plus some applications (hacks) don't intervene with the files directly but the game memory which then wouldn't be detected by scanning files.

The thing is, no matter whether you go through memory or not, it’s still going to be a monumental task and a lot of hacks will still skate on through. It’s prinarily why there isn’t a current anti cheat system. Not to mention, in a lot of reported cases of hacks or cheaters, it turns out to be a false flag because of lag so you can’t even run a system that players can control. 

From what hat I know, and I never use any sort of hacks, I’m sure at some point a hack has to speak with the game files otherwise it’s just a code that’s foreign which would trip the standard force close because unknown files/code are in the game. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Fully agree with this idea. Additionally, I would extend this idea for checking if someone is using - for example - "unlimited" fuel, etc.

The ETS2 is a simulator, so it should be more realistic. Of course, I know that this kind of modification is prohibited by the TMP rules, but I'm afraid, there are no ways to check it and enforce it from the game perspective.

I heard that last time when there was the gift event from WoT, and players were used "unlimited" fuel, after attaching the trailer, their cargo was canceled. So, maybe the TMP Team may consider implementing a similar feature in a regular MP game?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

the only thing is hackers will find a way a round it if they can so it will still be down to player to report them & the game mods to look out for them 

• 1 month later...

Create anti-cheat? unfortunately and unviable, it would cost money and time, and it would be easily broken by hackers.
I play CSGO and almost every game I play has a person using a hack, now compare VALVE with TruckersMP or SCS.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

• 1 month later...

This concept has been proposed several times before, but not yet with this implementation.
I am against it in spite of this, because the effort would be too great.
Most of the possibilities to cheat are transmitted by forwarding agencies.
If someone discovers a new possibility it usually does not take long until this possibility is spread.

I think it's up to each person to decide if they want to cheat or not.
If you do it obviously, there is the risk that you will be denied, if you "only" cheat for yourself, e.g. that you get no damage, the others have no disadvantage.

Love greeting

SkyGamer24