Logitech Shifter help!

ZakYeen

Question

Hey! So recently I spalshed some cash and bought myself the Logitech G25 steering wheel, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I've played ETS2 with it a lot and I've started playing ATS with it too, however I need a little help. You see, on ETS2 I use the range gearing System (Where in R1 the gears are 1,2,3,4,5,6 and then R2 the gears are 7,8,9,10,11,12) so when I'm in sixth gear on my shifter, I press the range button mapped to my wheel, then go back to first, which is now seventh. This allows me to access my final six gears. The issue I'm having here (and it occassionally happens in ETS2 with some mod trucks) is that when I'm using any gearbox above 12 speed, my gears get all messed up. Basically, to sum it up, when I'm using an 18 speed, if I was in sixth and pressed my range button, instead of first gear becomming seventh, it becomes 13th, meaing I skipped the entire 7-12 gears. Is there any way to fix this or is the best way to use a gearbox thats under 12-speed? I really don't want to splash out on an SKRS (Simply because I really don't have the money, I would otherwise) Any help is greatly appreciated :D

(Also, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong category, I really did not know were to post this ^^)

10 answers to this question

I’m pretty sure that how the 18 speed works (bare in mind I have a g27 and a SKRS shifter),  is that high and low make up your gears, so 1L and 1H are 2 out of 18. How I have my shifter set up is I have it on Eaton Fuller 18 speed in the settings, that then makes the first position, further east to the left and forward, low low/low high, the the second position is reverse, third position is 1st/7th and so on, I don’t know if it’s different for a g25 because it’s an older wheel that both the g27 and g29. But if it still doesn’t work, try manually selecting each gear in the settings menu anD assign each position to which gear you need. 

Yes an SKRS is expensive, but it comes in so useful because of its weight and having range and split control on the same controller frees up space elsewhere for other controls.