Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KingBow5er1255

Traffic Light Bug

Recommended Posts

This is not a TruckersMP bug or SCS bug. In the US, this is an actual thing. It means that the left turn lane can turn when it's safe to do (No oncoming traffic or a break in oncoming traffic). Makes it better as in some cases, you won't have to wait for the light to cycle. You simply just need to wait for a break in traffic. My city has a ton of it's Left Arrow lights set to be green, even when the oncoming side is green as well. It's convenient and can save time.

Edited by Sanguinem_Luna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what he is referring to is that the lights in for all turn green, even when you have the green arrow.

 

Oncoming traffic, same way traffic and left turn light all are turning green at the same time.

 

I think I've seen this happen a few times as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:28 PM, slayer320 said:

I think what he is referring to is that the lights in for all turn green, even when you have the green arrow.

 

Oncoming traffic, same way traffic and left turn light all are turning green at the same time.

 

I think I've seen this happen a few times as well.

 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:30 AM, Sanguinem_Luna said:

This is not a TruckersMP bug or SCS bug. In the US, this is an actual thing. It means that the left turn lane can turn when it's safe to do (No oncoming traffic or a break in oncoming traffic). Makes it better as in some cases, you won't have to wait for the light to cycle. You simply just need to wait for a break in traffic. My city has a ton of it's Left Arrow lights set to be green, even when the oncoming side is green as well. It's convenient and can save time.

 

In the US I can vouch that this is common that the oncoming traffic light can be green, the same way traffic can be green and the green arrow pops up for freedom to turn when an opening or halt in traffic occurs. So what Sanguinem_Luna said was actually stating exactly this.  All three mentioned lights are green.  In some places in the states, this is common.  Others have the oncoming traffic halted with the green light for turning.  So, it just depends on where its appropriated from.  

 

------EDIT

 

I just happened to glance back at this post.  I seem to have misread something.  A green turn signal means oncoming traffic should have a red.  I feel like I was thinking you were talking about traffic flowing with the one with an arrow, not opposite.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sanguinem_Luna said:

^ Maybe not around where you live, but in my city, we have green arrows while oncoming has green too.

 

 

I had a long explanation typed out, but if can't comprehend what a green arrow means, I assume you don't even actually have a license.

 

Green arrow means a protected turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, slayer320 said:

 

 

I had a long explanation typed out, but if can't comprehend what a green arrow means, I assume you don't even actually have a license.

 

Green arrow means a protected turn.

Again, perhaps that's what it means in your part of the US, but over here in my part of the US, our city has Left Turn Arrows active when oncoming has green too. Not all the time and not at every traffic light, but it is a thing here in NY. And no I don't have a license, but I do have a Learners Permit and I drive like any other person would who has a license. Only thing I'm missing to get my license is the mandatory 5-hour course and the Road Test. I studied the NYS DMV handbook thoroughly before taking the written test and I passed with only one incorrect answer and that question I got wrong was not something they covered in their handbook. It was a question that I doubt many people get right and it is not a common occurrence on the road.

 

Do keep in mind, each state has their own laws and their own way of doing things. Whatever Central US state you live in may have their traffic lights set up in the way you're describing. But over here in NY, there are traffic lights where you will get a Green Left Arrow while oncoming straight traffic also has a Green Light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 8:33 AM, slayer320 said:

No.  Seriously.  Learn what a protected turn means.

 

This is correct. A GREEN ARROW in the United States signifies a Protected Turn. A protected turn means you have the right-of-way. 

 

Per common vehicle code sections in the US, the intersection design seen in ATS, in which both opposing sides are given GREEN lights and GREEN left turn arrows is improper and incorrect. 

 

Additionally, please note that in the US:

Flashing Red Lights are stop signs.

Flashing Yellow Lights are yield signs.

 

YellowFlashingLights.JPG

What+is+the+meaning+of%E2%80%A6+Green+Ba

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually noticed this bug first when ATSMP was first released for the game update of the green arrows (either 1.2 or 1.3). The admins had said that this is a known issue and has already been brought to the admins. When one direction shows a green light and arrow, the opposing direction showing the same thing is a bug. It's simply the way the traffic lights are synced, the system doesn't know that there's a green arrow in place now, it thinks it's still a regular light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this most Recent update with New Mexico.  The Traffic Lights are all Red and wont change to Green at all.  I set on the side of the road watching them and for around 20 min. real time the lights won't turn green.  I delivered a load just a min ago, and all the Traffic Lights are stuck on Red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×