Evidence posted with ban.

Smalley

Suggestion Name: Evidence posted with ban

Suggestion Description: So now that the new report system is here and now there is demo's I think that the demo's should be uploaded to something which can be added at the same time as the ban so an admin has evidence to the ban which they've created. This is just a suggestion and it could be possible to create. I know there will be a few comments saying it will be impossible to implement but it could be helpful. 

Any example images: None. 

Why should it be added?: Too help admins when banning people with evidence. 

• Upvote 3

@Smalley - Truckers.FM I don't think it will be hard to implement at all just a case of creating a folder on the main server and cliping the issue the only issue I can see of this is due to the amount of reports each day I doubt they would have a big enough server to hold the selected files they would run out of space within hours I think......

Its a great idea but when you look at the space this will use within the server alone it's not practical.... but in saying that if they could implement it via an automatic youtube upload might be handy.... but dont know if this in-turn would affect people's connection to the server with the data being sent every second due to high upload meters not only that would youtube have an automatic block for multiple upload so forth...... 

In saying that they could allocate a set amount of space to these and overwrite older reports when this space becomes maxed but then again you would be just avoiding the inevitable that the reports will be overwritten and you will be back to square one....

But I dont know what space TMP have let alone know their setup so cant really comment much apart from the knowledge I know about dedicated servers.....

Edited by lxl Semper lxl

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

To be clear, as I see people getting confused by this, the new report system doesn't make videos. Movement data is being stored which is afterwards being "replayed" by letting trucks follow the movement that was captured. See it as storing coordinates and putting a temporary truck on those coordinates to see what happened. It doesn't record gameplay in the same way as OBS or plays.tv does. It would be nice to have this, but not that very easy since every computer has different settings to get the most out of a recording.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

^

To anyone who maybe still think that isn't clear, just think of how the replays in Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, Counter Strike, Mario Kart and Rocket League work. It's the exact same thing. Essentially it is a "ghost data". No video is recorded. Only movements which then are replayed by the game, just like ghost data in Mario Kart.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...