Disable keyboard or gamepad steering

I keep seeing drivers who can't seem to control their trucks, they are all over the road and causes alot of accidents. I think this is due to some people using the keyboard or a gamepad to steer the truck with. I suggest only allowing mouse or a steering-wheel to be used as a controller. I don't know if this is technically possible though, so it's just a suggestion.

That's virtually impossible and I don't think that's the case in this matter the case is plain busy areas attracts poor judgement at times and people still think its cool to treat the game like GTA rather than a simulation :)  or answer another way the user is going too fast to react to the conditions ahead and start to lose control when trying to adjust too late.... or even better still they are going too fast round a bend or jerk the steering too fast that will alter the trucks trailer or stability of the unit which in-turn will make you lose control again.....

There is endless possibilities of how this could happen its not just down to k/b + mouse or steering wheel or even game pad as I personally have managed them all at different times and never had an issue! its always down to drivers error 

Edited by lxl Semper lxl

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

I' ve seen a lot of youtubeers using the keyboard to drive. Well I drive with mouse, but you have to concentrat yourself so much... that's why you see a lot of accidents.....

-1 it's not what people use to drive, it's how they drive. Who's to say that someone who can't drive in a straight line with a keyboard is going to be magically 1000 times better with a wheel? Plus it's cost, not everyone is able to afford to buy a wheel or a decent mouse to control with. I mean, the only reason I got my G27 and my SKRS was through a mix of luck, xmas and birthday help and just saving in general. 

So no, plus, something like this would require a lot of code manipulation to exclude the use of certain inputs for drive controls, it's just not worth it for the slim to no gain, if it was going to make a difference like night v day then sure, but it's more like night v night with a few stars in the sky, not much changes, but at least it looks a little nice.

• Upvote 2

Hello @Bubba Stik (NOR),

When posting suggestions please use the suggestion format:

I personally like driving with a gamepad. It doesn't beat the wheel, but does the job well. The controller I use has never made me a danger to players around me, so banning the use of gamepads or keyboards as controllers would hardly change anything. It could just have a drastic effect on the player base, especially the size of it.

Ready to go!

-1 from me. I use a Wired Xbox One controller/gamepad to drive and I drive perfectly fine. I would almost dare say nearly on par with people who use Steering Wheels. As others have said here, it is not the device that the player is using to drive, it is the player themself that is bad at driving.

Not to mention, even if TMP wanted to do this, I don't think they can. That would mean they'd have to severely alter the actual game and they would almost certainly never do something like this.

-1. You probably haven't met many people in this community who drive even better with keyboards or gamepad steering. imho, the way your suggestion is phrased is a rude way of thinking and categorizing/stereotyping people within this community. I suggest that you improve on having more respect for people and their choices for what they wanna use for their type of controls.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

I bought that game, spend money on it and on dlcs. If game has option to use different controllers so it's up to me whitch one i use. Using only steering wheel is not and shouldn't be required.

Not every player have and maybe some of them don't want to have a wheel. Many people are much better on keyboard than that silly, yelling kids playing on their brand new, shiny G29. 

Most important is to drive safetly and carefuly. Nobody should be forced to use one specific item if there are other options. Game is for everyone! It's like: don't drive bike on the road - roads are for cars. Does everyone have to buy a car then?

It's people choice.

BTW: how you know for now if someone driving on gamepad or steering wheel? I think there is no way to see the difference between mouse, game pad and wheel. 

Edited by naxcel ( PL ) ( GB )

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.