Blocking Profanity in chat

Suggestion Name: Blocking swear words/profanity in chat

Suggestion Description: If you were to type a swear word it would block you from sending in chat e.g f*** would be blocked from being sent in chat 

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: I think it should be added because there are some reports (I am just guessing) of swearing in chat. If people couldn't swear in chat this would eliminate these reports of swearing/profanity 

Thanks for reading :)

Whilst this may seem like a simple thing to add, it would not be effective at all. 

Hundreds of combinations of words would have to be added to such system because it would be easily bypassed by adding letters or spaces between the letters or words.

1 hour ago, Haulin' It! l Chev said:

Hello,

This has been suggested and rejected a few times before.

Please use the search function on the website.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/search/

Have a great day or night! ;)

- Chev.

Thanks for letting me know I should have checked for other topics about this suggestion my fault

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Arlin [FR] said:

Can we know why this suggestion was rejected?

Because read what Trucking Australia said:

6 hours ago, Trucking Australia said:

Hundreds of combinations of words would have to be added to such system because it would be easily bypassed by adding letters or spaces between the letters or words.

5 hours ago, Arlin [FR] said:

Can we know why this suggestion was rejected?

Basically, because anyone can put a space in any swear word or replace a letter etc, it would require a large database of combinations for every swear word in every language, it's just not worth it, 

personally, profanity in chat is the least of our problems in TMP, plus, with modern society the way it is now, kids as young as 4/5 are using profanity, mostly learnt from tv shows or their parents, so long as people aren't being racist or being super vulgar in what they're saying, it should be allowed, most of the time it's people who have had enough of the crap that happens and end up losing it, but statistically, if people don't vent in chat or whatever, then you're more likely to find more road rage, reckless driving and such which ends up affecting more people. 

Personally, I feel the worlds become to politically correct where people are too scared to speak their minds for fear of punishment, ifor one would rather ban someone who road rages by ramming people and driving recklessly than someone who becomes a keyboard warrior for a few minutes with no harm brought to anyone.

This suggestion can be helpful actually, but there will be a lot of weaknesses about auto-censor system.

1) You can type a swear word inside a very very normal word. And the normal word you typed would be censored unnecessarily.

2) People with the intention of using profanity/swear word can put punctuation marks between the letters of that profanity/swear word. This way, they can bypass the auto-censor.

3) Preparing and adding an auto-censor system will take much effort and time.

+1 from me, but if the system can be made without its possible weaknesses.

So Say you do want to swear would Me covering my own word for one still be called swear in the rule breaking area? Like if I said the F word but said it like this F***  would that be seen as swearing and bannable offense? 

On 6/9/2017 at 7:29 AM, Haulin' It! l Chev said:

Hello,

This has been suggested and rejected a few times before.

Please use the search function on the website.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/search/

Have a great day or night! ;)

- Chev.

I believe this would be rejected because of the bypassing methods some crazy trolls would use..

See, when you implement systems like this, it never stays afloat without someone else to ruin the whole purpose of bringing it into the game.

Also, before you know it, most of the regular words we use in chat today would be deemed "Inappropriate" and added to the filter of words blocked.

• 1 month later...

This would be nearly impossible to implement and there are many ways to bypass a swearing filter/censor such as using special characters or characters in different languages.  Also people speak many different languages so it would be nearly impossible to block swearing in every language.

Please also use the search function next time as this has been suggested before and rejected.

Spoiler

rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.