Multiple players ramming

Slice'N'Dice

I have set ShadowPlay an Instant record just before I enter the game so when I push ALT + F10 it will capture the last 5 mins which will save future laborious editing of large video files. Hope this will suffice so when I have to report, I can check logs in less than a minute, upload the video to Youtube then spend a couple of mins doing the report. In all I hope this will now take say 10 minutes tops rather then hours.

At this low level in the game, it's hard enough making money when you are losing cah on repairs or damaged loads. Also I don't bother with mods, preferring the game as it's designed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Slice'N'Dice Remember that you can get the needed info directly in the game. If you find someone to report, you can open the TAB window, locate the player and hit Report, or open the chat and type /pinfo <ServerID> Enter. After that, you hit Alt+F10 and you have all you need, evidence and player info, directly on the video, without needing to go through the log_spawning file.

EDIT: About the 5 minutes timeframe, that's how I configured nVidia Share and I usually cut the video to show just 20-30 seconds, that's enough for most of the offenses (wrong way, ramming). If you find someone blocking the road or trolling you for long, you can use the Start Save instead of instant replay, so you can get all the minutes you need to show that it wasn't just some random moments.

I've got to the point where I never play MP now without OBS recording.

I've noticed that on EU 1, drivers are a lot more sensible, think more about other road users and generally are a lot safer. I did a little test where I drove down the CD road at peak time on EU 1 yesterday, and it was virtually deserted, then hopped server to EU 2 to find it was absolutely swarming with hundreds of players. The calibre of driver also changed drastically for the worse.

You still find the odd driver on EU 1 driving down the wrong lane in places like the UK (easy mistake to make!), or taking roundabouts incorrectly etc, but generally I think the fact that there's no server enforced speed limit on EU 2 has a lot to do with the problems there. Trolls will always be trolls, but speeding is the number 1 cause of the vast majority of avoidable accidents.

To be honest I'd prefer it if they slapped a server-wide speed limit on all servers and extended the non-collision zones in some areas.

I usually report the worst cases where I judge if the person is deliberately breaking the rules to cause chaos, ramming, very inappropriate overtaking, etc. The reason is, as other people said, because it's time consuming.

For the bug with the weird characters in the spawn log, I would search for the temporary id {for example, (1245)}, which can be seen aside the perpetrator's name in the video evidence. Then I'll take the TMP ID and check on the website if the profile matches.

For the time, my videos from ShadowPlay will always be named with the game name, date and exact time the file has been created. If you do manual recording, it'll put the time when you started recording, and if it's action replay, it'll put the time you pressed the key to record the last x minutes and seconds. Then I'll just watch the video and check the time stamp and judge about what time it happened, but don't forget that the time in the report needs to be in UTC.

KkdaC1b.png

Well I had my fun on this but the total idiots on the game who don't follow rules, speed around in cars thinking its forza have ruined it for me.

I've just had 45mins odd wasted due to some idiot overtaking on single roads when its busy causing my truck & load to end up in a field. Twice this happened on the exact same corner. 

Thanks for the servers admins, but I think I'll return to singleplayer now. 

The problem I see after doing a report here on truckersmp report system, it takes almost 2 weeks before someone sees them and take care of the problem, by the time they are dealt with, the offender had plenty of time to ram and troll other players. By the time they are banned, they don't care about what they had done anymore since they don't even remember doing it.

76561198104067447.png

@mattey I don't think it's doable with the way the game mechanics work. Collisions are client side, which is why you can see trucks flying at crowded service garage entrance. Also, how would you determine which truck will be "invisible"? And personally, I wouldn't like that "ghost" truck after a collision, as it may not always be intentional. Some accidents can be caused by lag.

KkdaC1b.png

38 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

The problem I see after doing a report here on truckersmp report system, it takes almost 2 weeks before someone sees them and take care of the problem, by the time they are dealt with, the offender had plenty of time to ram and troll other players. By the time they are banned, they don't care about what they had done anymore since they don't even remember doing it.

Maybe not, but eventually, they'll receive a 1 month ban... That should make them care and if it doesn't, then 3 months ban is next. One of my latest reports took 10 days to be dealt with, but it meant the reported player took his 1 month ban. Imagine the surprise, he had forgotten that he rammed me several days ago and still, banned for one month. Sometimes, I think it's better this way, they think they got away but when they are less expecting, the ban comes. A reminder that "you did the crime, now you do the time".

44 minutes ago, mattey said:

Well I had my fun on this but the total idiots on the game who don't follow rules, speed around in cars thinking its forza have ruined it for me.

I've just had 45mins odd wasted due to some idiot overtaking on single roads when its busy causing my truck & load to end up in a field. Twice this happened on the exact same corner. 

Thanks for the servers admins, but I think I'll return to singleplayer now. 

Drive on EU#1 and avoid the busy places like C to D, Rotterdam and Amsterdam area, if you do this, you'll enjoy the game once again, and install Plays.tv client and setup a key that you push so it records the last 2-3 minutes of gameplay, that's how I do my reports, I also setup a shortcut to take screenshots using Shadowplay on the F10 key, so even if I'm driving and the game says I have to stop to take a screenshot, it takes a screenshots in the same folder where my shadowplay videos are. Quite handy for /pinfo

76561198104067447.png

1 minute ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Maybe not, but eventually, they'll receive a 1 month ban... That should make them care and if it doesn't, then 3 months ban is next. One of my latest reports took 10 days to be dealt with, but it meant the reported player took his 1 month ban. Imagine the surprise, he had forgotten that he rammed me several days ago and still, banned for one month. Sometimes, I think it's better this way, they think they got away but when they are less expecting, the ban comes. A reminder that "you did the crime, now you do the time".

Looking at it this way, yup, makes sense.

76561198104067447.png

2 hours ago, Slice'N'Dice said:

Don't give up the MP Matty, just switch server to a less populated one or play single player for a short while till the mouth and brain stop with the profanities :P

hahah yeah my profanities earlier were pure rage after driving for so long xD 

I apologise for that! IF anyone saw it :D I went onto EU1 after seeing a convoy being set up on youtube. Seems much better on there to be fair. 

What i mean about the invisible thing is not if a collision happens but more if the person has been reported, But I guess that would be open to abuse. 

if same admins in ATS, nothing will be done unless you hit one of the admins friends. guy rammed me at full speed outside Elko repair station, admin sat there and watched it, then moved me into the repair location and neither did or said anything to the guy that caused it. just continued joking around with him. So it won't matter how many times you report or complain.

3 minutes ago, brucegg5055 said:

if same admins in ATS, nothing will be done unless you hit one of the admins friends. guy rammed me at full speed outside Elko repair station, admin sat there and watched it, then moved me into the repair location and neither did or said anything to the guy that caused it. just continued joking around with him. So it won't matter how many times you report or complain.

In that instance I would have sent in a report on the Admin involved. People do get bans, I have seen this when looking at drivers profiles. I think generalising that all admins are this way is wrong. Maybe I am wet behind the ears having only got 40 hours but time will tell if you're correct or not!

1 hour ago, brucegg5055 said:

Yep report the "admin" imo..  he/she does not deserve the position if this is the case and true, i can't stand people that abuse their positions personally.

10 minutes ago, brucegg5055 said:

If you have video evidence, send an e-mail to [email protected] with your complaint. You can't report an admin the usual way, it has to be forwarded directly to the managers.

Rammed again just now as I came out of the Paris depot on EU #1 with a heavy cargo. £30K in repairs for a 9K job :( GRRRRR Clicked console report on him. He waited from me to exit then rammed me forcing a jacknife :(

It seems these types of morons all seem to have plain, starter trucks from what I have observed so far.  This is getting past a joke now as it seems to occur daily and sometimes several times in the day.

As you know, ETS2 was on sale recently and unfortunately that always causes a tsunami of trolls (trollnami?).

Anyways, be patient, they usually leave after a month to go back to their kiddie shooters.

45 minutes ago, Iron Spirit [NL] said:

As you know, ETS2 was on sale recently and unfortunately that always causes a tsunami of trolls (trollnami?).

Anyways, be patient, they usually leave after a month to go back to their kiddie shooters.

Yeah, hoping that will be the case or they get their pack of lego bricks early in the post :P

Edit: Another Rammer report going in :( Cost me around £33K Unit and trailer damage plus a low rating on competion of the job. Am more comfortable with the reporting now as have it nearly off to a tee :P

The report I initially submitted (the first post on their thread) regarding driver ramming, was just declined with the response from Admin "No evidence"!! Details and video were sent through to them which clearly showed what happened! It would be beneficial if the Admins actually gave a more indepth reason so I can see why they made that decision rather than a loose copy/paste half hearted reply. GRRR

Ignore the above, I spotted the error and am resubmitting ticket for correct rammer.

Archived