Heavy Cargo should be prohibited on small roads

I think we're all looking forward to the Heavy Cargo DLC. After playing around with it for a while, I could tell that the game felt very different - and that's only in single-player. Here are some issues I think the Heavy Cargo DLC will bring to multiplayer, and what should be implemented to fix it. Fell free to criticize and add your own points!

Heavy Cargo should be prohibited on the small, two lane country roads (ex.: Calais-Duisburg)

Most of these two lane roadways present a great challenge for heavy cargo. They are usually filled with hills, sharp turns, and are difficult to drive on with regular cargo. These types of roads are notably the most dangerous to drive on. This sort of road is the worst nightmare for heavy cargo. The slower moving heavy cargo will slow down traffic, resulting in more people trying to overtake. And we all know how over-taking ends up on Calais-Duisburg type roads.

Players hauling heavy cargo should be only be permitted to drive on motorways, larger roads, and only on small country roads when necessary (i.e. to reach destination).

I see where your coming from, but this is going to be very hard to enforce; admins will spend most of their time watching the small roads, such as C-D, making sure no Heavy Cargo DLC Loads are being used down it, therefore being taken away from reports etc..

Its going to waste a lot of admins time, and is, as I say, nearly impossible to enforce, considering the amount of players who have already purchased the DLC.

I really understand where your coming from, and who knows, maybe the Over-size cargo might be prohibited down small roads, such as C-D? We don't know yet.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Would make sense for C-D but that is about it, C-d road and roads around there are maybe 30%  (whole NL, B, GER) of the whole map and 60% of people are driving there, this is also the danger zone, but outside of this zone that "rule" would make no sense, I drive a lot in the east and south and I am sure I will have no problem, there are exceptions of course, but it is trucking simulator game, so drive like the rest do or if you dont like driving slow then feel free to go play something else. The DLC is death sentence for some players but if you cant adapt to situation in the game i wouldnt give you driving license in real life neither, have fun in the game but not on someone else expenses.

35 minutes ago, Rodregez said:

The steering of the axles on these new trailer are actually really good (if you're a good driver). TruckersMP Staff might add a restriction and possible ban if seen using the trailers on small roads that could cause an issue for example, the mountain roads in Scandinavia.

The issue isn't really with the trailers themselves. It's just that these types of roads pose a particular challenge for Heavy Cargo, but because of their geography. I could imagine the chaos that having slower moving vehicles on a very aggressive roadways like Calais-Duisburg would cause.

38 minutes ago, Attach said:

I see where your coming from, but this is going to be very hard to enforce; admins will spend most of their time watching the small roads, such as C-D, making sure no Heavy Cargo DLC Loads are being used down it, therefore being taken away from reports etc..

Its going to waste a lot of admins time, and is, as I say, nearly impossible to enforce, considering the amount of players who have already purchased the DLC.

I really understand where your coming from, and who knows, maybe the Over-size cargo might be prohibited down small roads, such as C-D? We don't know yet.

That is true. Maybe this rule wouldn't have to apply to every road, but I see this would definitely cause an issue on the dense small roads, like C-D and the surrounding area.

Just now, Rodregez said:

They will most likely imply restrictions like they did for europort. The trucks aren't that slow surprisingly, that's why SCS added a variety of engines/chassis to use.

You right, they're not slow moving turtles like most of us expected, but when I tested a mid range engine with a mid-weight heavy load I was doing slow up hills.

Yep, just took the 61tonnes Locomotive - Bossloc from Genève to Sheffield on EU2. Even though I didn't go through C-D, went through 2 of the narrow slip-roads leading onto 2 different highways and went through the Calais channel tunnel as well, without any trouble or any kissing of road-shoulder barricades. I'm enjoying the new pivoting system that the new heavy cargo DLCs come with. All that's left to focus on is how much swing and the right speed you have to take depending on the corner/situation. So.. so far no issue regarding the trailers, more to do with the driver who's driving them. Goodluck with your suggestion tho.

• Upvote 3

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

There currently isn't a problem. If we notice this is becoming one, we might take some action against it.

Rejected.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.