Reckless Drivers

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting that I have created. when playing on Euro Truck Simulator 2 I have noticed that sometimes drivers are not really aware of what is going on ahead of them. Let me explain a little more in detail what I mean. I was on the game a couple of days ago and well there was a wreck ahead of me. So I activated my hazard lights and slowed down to a stop but kept a safe distance. Reason for such action is because well for one you always have people who do not know how to slow down when they see vehicles ahead and well if someone does pass while trying to stop they hopefully got room to get around. Now while sitting off to the side of the road because all three lanes were blocked I noticed a couple of trucks behind me with their hazard lights on. Then all of a sudden " ZOOOOM " and in a flash I see two cars go flying by me at no less then 100mph/ Now considering the wreck was about three truck lengths ahead of me what do you think happen.........the out come was not good and I could not help myself while laughing at those two idiots. Drivers listen carefully. If you are traveling down the roadway no matter where and see several vehicles on the side of the roadway with their hazard lights on THEY ARE DOING IT FOR A REASON. No matter wreck or no wreck you should use caution while attempting to pass those vehicles. When traveling down the road in my Scania Streamline I always pay attention not only to the trucks around me but also their lights. you can tell by the way the driver uses his brakes or his hazard lights. Such detail comes over many years of real life expierence. So please use caution if you see a truck on the side of the road. your wrecklessness driving can have severe affects for both you as those around you.

Hello William,

the problem with the multiplayer is, that people do not think it is a serious simulation but rather "just" a game where they can have fun. Thus, it is hard to expect everybody to drive like a professional.

Especially, when you drive on a county road such as C-D you have a very high risk of crashing because of an accident or suicidal cars attempting to overtake inappropriately.

31 minutes ago, williamstalker27028 said:

[...] THEY ARE DOING IT FOR A REASON [...]

You said this as if it was true but actually, it isn't necessarily always the case that people use those lights for warning purposes. Sometimes, people drive like that just for fun or to irritate others. Many people are actually parking with hazard lights activated on the side of the road. Actually, indicating right in order to signalise that I am parking would be enough.

However, in my opinion, you do not need to "educate" people on the forum because I am quite sure that they are already driving quite carefully with the required respect.

It is more about those "trolls" who try to cause mayhem while having fun. Those people, unfortunately, cannot be educated anymore. Therefore, we have admins who continuously watch the roads.

Kind regards ;)

lol im just curious as to why you always post in red :P and tiny size writing 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

First off, nice truck in that profile picture.

Second off, in my opinion they shouldn't be going 100+ mph anyways.

Third off, yea ETS2MP has some pretty bad drivers, and then some good drivers. Best thing to do is just sit back, relax, and watch the stupidity!

a problem with many players is that they dont know how to drive IRL and they also dont read the rules or they jus dont know any driving rules IRL 

On 7/4/2017 at 8:06 AM, Truckerpilot said:

lol im just curious as to why you always post in red :P and tiny size writing 

On 7/4/2017 at 8:18 AM, williamstalker27028 said:

Force of habit. 

lol how do you post in red?

From my point of view some drivers when they start the game they start off abiding by the rules stopping at lights and stopping at stop signs but for whatever reason as time goes on they start to develop this carefree attitude and begin to drive recklessly in their opinion it makes the game fun but for alot of the players they cause a huge hazard on the road

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

@Truckerpilot I do agree with your statement. you can see on American Truck Simulator that when the game first came out people had major respect for those around them and obeyed the rules of the road. Now you go down the road and hell you cant stop at a light without some idiot ramming you and horn spamming. There are times I will run a light depending on my load and who is around. Sometimes I like to take my time and relax and well other times I am short on time. Thank you for your reply though. Much noted

Yeah well, and in addition to those drivers who just don't care there are also the trolls that try to annoy others on purpose and think they are funny. Just had something like that, a 1,200 mile trip, all went perfectly, until somewhere in France a car showed up, driving besides me honking like a maniac for a few seconds and then all of a sudden slams directly into my truck. He blocked me and mentioned he would only let me pass if i pay him money. Report filed and fortunately he carried on after that, but he just ruined a two-hour drive that would have been perfectly without this kiddie. This incident actually makes me wish even harder that one day, the cars will be completely removed from the servers again, as they are mainly used by trolls who just mess around with them...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

@[ST-B] T.Rucker I agree with you that is why I have a key on my key board which known as the quick save button. I use it quite often. Has helped me in the past. Sorry to hear about your journey being interrupted by stupid. And to demand money LOL wow how stupid could he be

@williamstalker27028  I dont think you need to be complaining about other peoples driving..I was watching  a twitch stream yesterday and low and behold who did i see? It was you driving reckless and speeding ,then you went on to berate the other driver..You need too worry less about other drivers and just play the game..Dont like it then go to single player.. 

Archived