non stop high ms

[GER]Loading...

Question

Hey guys :) ,

in the last time, I get always an ping of over 2k :/ I don't know why, only my phone and my pc is connected to wifi.

I have did an "speedtest" of my connection and it said, that all fine.

I have tried by 3 different provider :

speedtest.png

Ping 15ms -- Download 12,87Mbps -- Uplaod 10,20Mbps

netcolognespeedtest.png

Ping 11ms -- Download 13,66 Mbit/s -- 10,41 Mbit/s

telekomspeedtest.png

Ping 17ms -- Download 9,70Mbit/s -- 10,61Mbit/s

Known someone, why I have high ping ingame ? :/

Thank you for the helpfulness :)

kind regards

20 answers to this question

Please try all of these things.

Do you have this problem only on a certain server or on all (EU-) Servers?

Are here other players who have the same problem with the servers? Then it could be a server / datacenter sided problem.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

You said your phone is connected. Have you tried to play without your phone connected?

Phones are known to cause ping problems really ofter when it tries to sync or backup photos or settings, e-mails etc to the cloud, because it maxes your upload speed in conclusion to get high ping.

Edit:You said that you play over Wi-Fi. Playing games over Wi-Fi is not recommended at all, there are many factors that could cause you ping problems.

1.Distance, obstacles

2.Adapter and router protocol(B, G, N, AC)

3.Neighbourhood Wi-Fi activity.

The simplest test that you can do to achieve a better result is to download a Wi-Fi Analyzer to your phone and try to choose a channel that is not used at all or a channel that doesn't confict your peak signal with

a random one.

Screenshot_2.png.b33306868f35a13d8ce0b0ff7fac89e3.png

I've noticed it for myself as well because if i connect my phone to my Wi-Fi i can reach 2800ms while it is syncing.

Edited by PrototypeGR
•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Those three tests you made show only the quality of your connection to the provider's nearest server. You should try testing again but choosing the destination, so it's the closest possible to the TruckersMOP EU servers, with speedtest you can do this, with the other two, I don't know. Open speedtest again, but instead of clickink the Begin Test button, navigate the map towards Northern France and find Roubaix. Once selected, run the test and post the results.

Spoiler

lHNughf.jpg?1

On 27.2.2017 at 4:45 PM, babou71 said:

Try to change the server. The server 3 have less lag than the server 2

It's the same :/

On 27.2.2017 at 6:02 PM, _Lee_ said:

When EU 2 is almost full, your ping will most likely go up quite a bit... But it should not go up that high (for me I have 23ms when the server is empty in early hours but when it's full it goes up to around 40 - 50ms

Normality I have always 20-50 ms :/ (different on the time in real life)

On 27.2.2017 at 6:05 PM, RayRay5 said:

Do you have this problem only on a certain server or on all (EU-) Servers?

Are here other players who have the same problem with the servers? Then it could be a server / datacenter sided problem.

EU#2 and EU#3 is the same :/ 

13 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

You said your phone is connected. Have you tried to play without your phone connected?

I can promise you, I play a lot of games while my phone is connected on wifi and I have still 20-30 ms

13 hours ago, Sven67 said:

If for example you live away from the place where the servers you'll have higher ping

The server should be in France.. and I life in Germany

You didn't try testing your connection to the EU servers closest location. Your tests within Germany can be OK, but it can happen that your provider has routing problems to reach France. I know it's unlikely, being so close, but you should try if you're seeing the same problem in EU#3. I've seen my ping go up in EU#2 when it's full, but if I switch to EU#3, the ping goes back to normal, around 50% of what I was seeing in EU#2. That's why I believe that there's a connection problem on your side and not on the servers. Most German players I see in the game have ping times lower than 30 ms, Asian players connected in EU#2 show ping times of 250-300 ms. 2K ms (2 seconds) from Germany to France is insane. 

Also, you don't say if you tried the solutions that @Sentinel_ suggested. Your router maybe having problems, resetting it can be of help. Clearing all unneeded temporary files, caches, etc. on your computer can also be of help. Have you tried those?

Try to ping with cmd without being in the game, here are the server IPs.

EU#1: 163.172.64.173

EU#2: 164.132.204.68

EU#3: 37.187.170.151

US#1: 191.101.3.39

Windows + R, cmd, ping "ip" -t

8oEPP9pLSECXeixeaARv3w.png

Also here is a powerful tool which you can reset your adapter much easier all you need to run are the specific ones.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/netadapter/?source=directory

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

3 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

You didn't try testing your connection to the EU servers closest location. Your tests within Germany can be OK, but it can happen that your provider has routing problems to reach France. I know it's unlikely, being so close, but you should try if you're seeing the same problem in EU#3. I've seen my ping go up in EU#2 when it's full, but if I switch to EU#3, the ping goes back to normal, around 50% of what I was seeing in EU#2. That's why I believe that there's a connection problem on your side and not on the servers. Most German players I see in the game have ping times lower than 30 ms, Asian players connected in EU#2 show ping times of 250-300 ms. 2K ms (2 seconds) from Germany to France is insane. 

Also, you don't say if you tried the solutions that @Sentinel_ suggested. Your router maybe having problems, resetting it can be of help. Clearing all unneeded temporary files, caches, etc. on your computer can also be of help. Have you tried those?

I have an cable which goes into the socket to be connected (don't ask me how :D My brother did it) and if I will reset my router, we need to configure all settings again...

1 hour ago, PrototypeGR said:

Try to ping with cmd without being in the game, here are the server IPs.

EU#1: 163.172.64.173

EU#2: 164.132.204.68

EU#3: 37.187.170.151

US#1: 191.101.3.39

Windows + R, cmd, ping "ip" -t

Screenshot_1.png.7b5ceb01f49ad4011ecde42c9a26f211.png

Also here is a powerful tool which you can reset your adapter much easier all you need to run are the specific ones.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/netadapter/?source=directory

Screenshot_2.png.a2b75f57fe9eb58038c5de5a600806bb.png

Europe 1 : 30ms - 40ms

Europe 2 : 30ms - 40ms

Europe 3 : 30ms - 40ms (1 shortly disconnect)

US 1 : 120ms - 240ms

@[GER]Loading...

I guess when they say reset they mean restart not actually reset the settings. Your ping tests are on Wi-Fi or cable?

Edited by PrototypeGR

There's nothing that can be done then, your pings are fine except you have lag spikes, that just means that there is a routing problem and so you would need to contact your ISP about the problem. 

So you get those lag spikes on cable as well or it was only happening only over Wi-Fi?

Ok, if it happens with cable as well then it's highly possible that the problem is not from your end but from your ISP or your ISP's router.

If you are 100% you are virus free you should use a internet monitor and when you get the spike check which application (if any) is causing you the problem.

16 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

Ok, if it happens with cable as well then it's highly possible that the problem is not from your end but from your ISP or your ISP's router.

If you are 100% you are virus free you should use a internet monitor and when you get the spike check which application (if any) is causing you the problem.

I'm 100% sure that I have no virus (will check it again).

I have no apps open while I'm playing MP (until Discord sometimes)

Else is it solved now, and know what is to do. Thank you for helpfulness :)

Can now closed.

Ok mate, cheers!