Exchange player's server ID with TMP ID

Suggestion Name: Exchange player's server ID with TruckersMP ID
Suggestion Description: Instead of e.g. 1838 or 793 or 42 there would be the TMP ID.
Any example images: ///
Why should it be added?:

All the process of /pinfo for evidence when reporting or something else could be a lot easier if just the TMP ID would be displayed. Unique and no further action required.

The 3-4 digit number that you see next to the user is their server number, the server registers them as that number making it easier for administrators to ban user's from above.

If only the truckers ID showed then it would be more of a hassle for administrators to ban / kick players quickly and effectively.

This number is also crucial to important client information linked to the user on the server should the developers need to use this information for any reason, it is also stored in the server side and locale logs for future reference and clarification. 

Hello

This was suggested before.. But however imagine having to report in-game the guy with the id 1000001 or the one with the id 10000001 this would be confusing for the player,I like how they id's are now.

If you won't type pinfo just open tab and report them so their id will be displayed.

Edited by CaptainKostaZ

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

1 hour ago, 3567 said:

If only the truckers ID showed then it would be more of a hassle for administrators to ban / kick players quickly and effectively.

Well at the moment there is a 4 digit number, most of TMP accounts do have 6 digit, now a few 7 digit. It is not much more ^^

32 minutes ago, CaptainKostaZ said:

Hello

This was suggested before.. But however imagine having to report in-game the guy with the id 1000001 or the one with the id 10000001 this would be confusing for the player,I like how they id's are now.

There is no account with so many digits. We just broke one million registered players. That is 7-digit. And there is only one user with that ID. However, I don't think that it would cause much hassle.

32 minutes ago, CaptainKostaZ said:

If you won't type pinfo just open tab and report them so their id will be displayed.

Well if reports in-game would be handled more effectively, it may be an option. But for some reason a player can only be reported once, and, in a lot of cases, that report is not seen at all. Have seen a lot of "ban sessions" on youtube. There are some reports not handled at all. So if I really want someone to look at it, I need some evidence (e.g. screenshots, video cap). But for that, I can't use the ingame report menu. /pinfo necessary.

______

This is more like another suggestion even though I don't want to spam the whole forum with my suggestions :)

Besides, if one player blocks first, gets reported, ports around and does a second offence for ramming, the report menu is completely useless as it says that the player is already been reported. It does not show for what and when. It could be more effective if several players can report a user. Like on Calais - Duisburg road, it basically affects more than just one player if someone blocks the road. But the report via menu is only for one single report. For me, it does not make sense to limit the report to just one within that cd period.

______

50 minutes ago, Ctrl-Z said:

There is no account with so many digits. We just broke one million registered players. That is 7-digit. And there is only one user with that ID. However, I don't think that it would cause much hassle.

Well we are not only care about now but also for the future,what will happen if one day we hit 10 million?

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

12 minutes ago, CaptainKostaZ said:

Well we are not only care about now but also for the future,what will happen if one day we hit 10 million?

We can change it then ^^ We just did the first million. And admins should be able to handle figures about 1 to 10 million. Hopefully they can.

-1 the current system is fine, having the TMP as the in game id would be way too much, especially with the fact that there are over 1 million users and that will only increase. It would make it much easier for admins to make a mistake having those longer number aswell as making it harder to make out the longer numbers, especially when you might only have a second or 2 to get someones number.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

The current way works fine. With your suggestion, it just making it even harder and more complicated. As mentioned above, its much easier to find player 1100 instead of 110000000' Current system works fine, no need for change in my opinion.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.