Ignoring red light

9 minutes ago, x86Assembler said:

Are you serious? Why write something that can be passed on to the server side, to automate this process?

I am. Because your suggestion won't be accepted, so "passed on to the server side to automate this process" won't happen. Someone runs a red light and hits your truck? What I wrote is what works right now. People learns faster if they are banned for breaking the rules. If they are kicked from the server, they'll just log in again and keep doing the same stuff. You don't want to bother recording and reporting? Then don't complain.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FredikMM said:

I know what you mean. But as others told you, try EU1 server. EU2 is "just for fun" server. The only possible solution I see here is to add few more admins (1 in every busy city like Rotterdam, Duisburg,..), so there would be an extra power to kick and ban those, who cause accidents (e.g. at those junctions). But, it would be a really hard, dull work. For the simulator aspect (stopping at red lights, not speeding, etc.) try EU1.

When EU1 was most popular, I'm play only on this server. Now there are few players.

13 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

I am. Because your suggestion won't be accepted, so "passed on to the server side to automate this process" won't happen. Someone runs a red light and hits your truck? What I wrote is what works right now. People learns faster if they are banned for breaking the rules. If they are kicked from the server, they'll just log in again and keep doing the same stuff. You don't want to bother recording and reporting? Then don't complain.

Tell me, how often happens is that crash into the rear? If you are standing on a red, and some crash you, rather it was done on purpose.

But I agree with you that there are those who will be specifically to push the player kicked.

8 minutes ago, heyhococo said:

Server would be empty if this were implemented

First, let's try it. If approved, even if the trial period will be at least a week. If, indeed, many people do not like it (which I doubt, yet most appropriate players), then return as before.

Edited by x86Assembler
Merged posts.

What most of us go by is, 'No one at the other traffic light, Go through' as it won't cause any crashes and confusion at junctions as well, so that's why you may see people running red lights 

Edited by Azyer

i jumped a red light ;)

http://plays.tv/video/58142b5ac4e4d53cbc/hjkj

tbh there is no point in even putting one there

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

• 2 months later...

BIIIIIGGGGGG -1

Firstly, even though it's easily programmable to put in place a code that detects when a users vehicle passes the red light, anyone who knows game code knows that, the trickier thing is setting whether to be fair and realistic or unrealistic and strict. Plus, to go down the realistic route, you would need so many procedural codes to detect each possible scenario, that it's not worth it in the end. If you go down the unrealistic route, then kiss goodbye to multiplayer because almost all members will either be banned or give up playing because of this, true fact.

Now, yes people running reds can be dangerous and annoying, but really, as long as they are safe about it and don't collide with other drivers, then they should be left alone, it is a G A M E after all, not real life. 

Also, you cannot be serious about penalising for every mistake made, that's rediculous, you cannot tell me that you are able to use realistic brake settings and realistic speeds and pull a heavy weight around and be able to stop every single time at the line 100% of the time. I've played ETS2 since 2012/2013 and to this day still have the occasional overrun coming down a hill onto a set of blind lights, I mean, I'd top at every light unless I'm not going to be able to stop in time at all and so gun it instead to be safer than trying to come to a full stop and potentially block the intersection in question.

all in all, I stand by my long standing statement on auto systems, they're no good for complex issues such as running reds, wrong way incursions, rammings and blocking, basically anything that a human touch will always be better because a human can determine what to do based on the situation at hand at that very moment, whereas a programmed system is only as good as the program itself and so based off your idea @[REPSOL] Wladimir, it will never work in a multiplayer situation, because it will always require a complex code, not a simple code like you think, the variability is much too high anyway. 

Ideally, you should focus on the issues that genuinely needing auto kick systems, like blocking for example, not mundane things like red light jumping.

Massive -1 This would be just horrible and you can be certain if this happened you would see a massive drop in the numbers playing mp. It would just get frustrating and make mp not worth playing. This is not real life, its a game and yes its a simulation game but its still a game meant to be fun. Loads of people including me run red lights when its safe. Why wait at a red light when no ones around? What about those red lights where you can only turn right (like in @Kravatys video)

Its just pointless to wait at red lights there.

This would be an extremely unfair thing to add and something that would have a pretty good chance of killing mp or at the very least losing an awful lot of players.

I also agree with @megadethsteve666 about auto systems, no way should they ever be added (except the current ones for kicking people who try to use the police car and who use unsupported mods) 

As others have said just record and report those that cause a crash by running a red light. Most people play MP to have fun and something like this would ruin it for alot of players. There is no need for anything like this at all. Those that cause crashes by running red lights without looking can get banned for ramming or reckless driving, there is noting wrong with running a red life safely in MP (its a game not real life)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 28.10.2016 at 6:11 PM, Aestrial said:

Hi there,

I completely agree with @Leff12345 on this one. It would not be realistic in anyway.

Also, think about this. If you were the only one in the city, and there was no-one around you e.g. safe to go through a red light, wouldn't you want to? Why would you want to wait for no reason whatsoever. And then even worse, getting kicked for it.

Going though a red light is not considered a bannable offence, unless you cause a accident/crash while doing so. This would just get annoying, and frustrating, so a -1 on this suggestion.

Highway Ghost

As the highway ghost said above, it is not a crime requiring a kick from the game.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.