In-Game Chat Background

FredikMM

Suggestion Name: In-Game Chat Background
Suggestion Description: Add a semi-transparent black background to the text in the left bottom corner of the screen (in-game chat)

Any example images: See the atachment file, the picture isn't mine.

Why should it be added?: I play on my 15.6' laptop, FullHD resolution, so the text is quite small. And, is often hard to read (when the text is against a lighter road, sky, etc.)

Alternative solution: Add a possibility to choose a font size in MP settings (5 scales should be enough for everyone to choose from).

ets2_00136.jpg

Hi there,

I really think that this could help/work, as although I don't play on a small screen, I still have trouble reading the chat on a light-road surface, as you mentioned in your suggestion.

On the other hand, this could get in the way of the multiplayer UI (Tab menu etc..), and the GPS map.

I think that for this to work, you would need a few different types of 'black transparent background' (light, medium, darkish etc..), so that users could select which type would suit them. And of course, and option to turn it off, as this wouldn't have an effect while its dark.

I think that your alternative solution may be better, as its less obstructing, and enables users to personalise there UI and chat to there preferences and suitability.

I think out of your first suggestion and your alternative one, I prefer the alternative one .

Highway Ghost

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hey

As I see it, your main issue is that it can be hard to see the chat.

Well, there's acually much easier solution for this rather than modifying the whole chat :P

You can use @scarface0359's tool to change the font for TruckersMP. So for example Impact or Arial Black as they are both bold fonts;

I have the font set on Arial Black, and it completely changes the look and visualization of the whole multiplayer experience for me. I can see chat, names, tab info, etc. alot easier. And it's also rather pleasent to look at when you play in the multiplayer.

Hope that works for you

13 hours ago, Leff12345 said:

Hey

As I see it, your main issue is that it can be hard to see the chat.

Well, there's acually much easier solution for this rather than modifying the whole chat :P

You can use @scarface0359's tool to change the font for TruckersMP. So for example Impact or Arial Black as they are both bold fonts;

Thank you! It solves my problem! :) I have another suggestion - add this tool to the main forum page, :) so anybody can see it right away :)

• 3 years later...