Ping - what is going on?

eerik911

Question

After the last update of the game and when the server started to support the version 1.25 there has been a big issue for me with the ping rising at random points. Usually it is around 50 which is okay but sometimes it peaks at 900 or even higher. I have seen the ping go up as much as 6000. Sometimes I can play in MP for hours without any ping issues. Is it only me or do others have the same issue? It makes hard for me to play the game in MP, because I really don't want to cause any havoc to the players around me and it is not possible to predict when the ping will go off the roof.

E: Are there any possible fixes?

• Upvote 1

9 answers to this question

Not sure if it's ping related ( don't have the players list up when driving), but i've experienced more lag spikes than ever last few weeks

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Ping is based on the distance between you and the server, i'm sure everyone here knows that.

Now ping can also be affected by load, and interference between you and the server.

Evidently there has been a lot of load on the servers recently and some messages saying that the servers have been being worked on but saying 'It's all good' even when there is a problem, now why is my ping so high?

The answer?

Too many users on the servers and the servers therefore getting overloaded with data causing you to have an increase in delay (lag) with regard to your connection between you and the server.

Once the server architecture has eventually been upgraded or worked on you should notice that your ping will become more stabilized.

Also, your ISP's routing methods can also affect your connection quality which is why big ISP's usually have better ping to far away servers because of the fact that they have more money and expenditure to persue better routing methods than that of other ISP's. 

Topic locked & moved to Unsolved due to inactivity - Last post on October 29.

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff