Version Tester Team/Group

Leff12345

I've been trying to find any topic related to this, but haven't found any yet. Please do however note to me here if it happens to already exist a topic/suggestion related to this.

Suggestion Name: Version Tester Team/Group
Suggestion Description: Similar to a beta testing group were they go around and search/look for bugs, etc. on the upcoming version which has not been released for the public yet. Not entirely sure if this is hard or not to be implemented, but I believe it will bring much more improvement in both effectivness and quality in the upcoming versions of the game and how the whole progress gets handled.
I imagine this can be open for everyone to apply for, almost as a team or a group,  or maybe as the TruckersMP CC "recruitment" went around were it was just a group not related to the TruckersMP team in any way. Or it can be closed for the internal TruckersMP team instead.

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: There have been recent situations were a new version has contained some bigger and smaller bugs which have been distracting for the gameplay. And as mentioned above with the effectivness, it will reduce the amount of work to track down and fix (if needed) the released version as it has then of course already been "examined" by the testing group/team (= less work & more quality). So this is also just a general suggestion, not excactly targeted against a spesific event or version, etc.

I assume new versions are already being tested internally, but if it gets expanded to a bigger area as a group or similar, I believe it would be better for the devs and the whole TruckersMP progress generally.

I'm not disliking the current progress and new versions as for now. It's amazing how it goes and turns out. I just want to suggest an addition or improvement for the current system ^_^

Edit:

I now got to know that the TruckersMP team does already have testers provided by the whole team, and not just a few people.

But there can still be something similar to this added if this is valid and/or needed.

I think this is a great idea. A small group of people, similar to beta testers, could test the new version, and report any bugs found to Devs to iron out, instead of having multiple updates released after.

Although, I'm pretty sure the TMP Team have beta/version testers already, so I'm not sure if this would be needed. Good idea though.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

46 minutes ago, Cooper's Freightmaster said:

All testing is done internally thus an external rank is not needed. We have 80+ potential testers

so how come they always find game breaking bugs on release? such as the flag dlc

hmm

• Upvote 1

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.