Do kicks/bans link to IP's?

iHammmy

Question

Me and my brother both at the same time in the same house, so I was wondering if I were to get kicked for example, would that kick link to my account personally or our IP? I am wondering this as I don't want my record to look bad if my brother gets kicked/temp banned for making a mistake!! :D

Have a nice day

iHammmy

7 answers to this question

As long as your brother (Or whoever) don't get banned on your own account, you'll be fine. IPs are not linked to kicks/bans except in exceptional circumstances* (In which case a web developer or manger would review it on a case-by-case casis).

Kicks aren't recorded, they just disconnect you from the server and you can easily rejoin the server again immediately.

Bans are recorded on your account and disallow you from reconnecting for the length of your ban, and are recorded on your account forever (Unless a PM/the admin themself deems it as a wrong ban)

*This is when you do something really serious like an attack on the website/forum/game servers or something like that

Kick will just disconnect you with message on the screen without anything being recorded on the account.

Ban will disconnect you and the ban info will be recorded on account.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

As there is a rule of ban evading where you make a new account to play again I think it's not IP linked but I could be wrong :)

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.