Closing Euro Port (temporary)

madmatt150

So since the update in the amount of players, a lot of people have been going to EP and the admins have been asking people to go to other ports, I.E Calais and Amsterdam. I guess they can say that but people will go to EP to either cross or cause trouble. To solve this, temporary close EP with admin being the blockade. 

Suggestion Name: Closing EP (Temporary) 
Suggestion Description: Close EP when it gets too busy and staff are advising people to go to other ports.

Any example images: N/A at this time, will get some up.
Why should it be added?: I see admins asking people to divert to other ports because of the amount of players at Rotterdam, today there were over 150. To stop more trucks going to the port, the admins should block the road with their trucks and trailers at Hull and Rotterdam so other players cannot get through. This would only be up for 5 minutes at the most, just to give Rotterdam time to get the number of trucks down. 

No load is too big or too small for Truck Express LTD.

To be honest, Europoort has become a famous part of ETS2MP, the reason for the traffic is because of the amount of stress and realism from the queues however for others they don't realize it would be that busy.

The best way to counteract the traffic would be just trying to split the traffic up more and divert more people to the other ports and crossings.

Advise people to not use a certain route doesn't mean they are being forbidden or that they simply shouldn't go there. It's no different from real life when the news reports on the traffic on a road and recommends drivers to take alternate routes. Close EP, even if just temporary is not a good idea and would only cause more troubles. Plus it has been suggested, already.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^^ Some of them are there to troll and some just like to cruise around in a cab. (which I dont understand because having a trailer is like half of the fun)

May be those who like to cruise around in a cab, should not pick Europoort. I put my 2 cents fairly on first thing you said.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

If they close EP, all guys who go to Europort will go to Calais ... That's not a good idea. 

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement ,

Dogidog.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to pm me. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide, n'hésitez pas à me contacter"
"Looking for an unban ? Please write a ban appeal here / Vous regardez pour être dé-banni ? S'il vous plaît écrivez une demande ici"

EP is not the problem. Drivers are the problem you can shut the port but not the problem. I go through europoort a lot and I get crashed into a lot but its worth it because I enjoy trying to get through(always with a load) without taking much damage I stick by the rules of the road.

If going through EP really makes you angry for your own health and wellbeing you should stay away if you do not want to see the worst behaviour on the MP.

Maybe the admins should message everybody in the chat asking them to use Europort only if they are going to Amsterdam or Rotterdam(etc) when the servers are at their busiest? It will not sort out the Europort trouble but  it would let the drivers know that it is full and allow them to use the other ports accordingly (Seeing ass they might not know when it is busy)

Timmy.png

We do ask players to use alternative ports like calais or Amsterdam, but many do not listen, we have even asked if they do not need to go to Europoort then not to attend / arrive there, this again is ignored, as previously mentioned any blocking of roads is forbidden whether this be by player or admin.

Therefore this suggestion is

rejected.jpg

• Upvote 1

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.