Adding new convoy rule

Kazuma

Suggestion Name: Adding new convoy rule
Suggestion Description: Convoys should be allowed only on motorways with 2-3 lanes

Any example images

Why should it be added?: Because slow convoys on 1 lane roads set back others and when they overtake them there may be accidents. Following a convoy with extremely slow speed is annoying but we cant even overtake them because we might be banned for that if we cause accidents

I don't agree with this. I have been in the situation many times where I have been blocked by Convoys, using 2 or 3lanes. Just because you want to take part in the convoy, doesn't mean other's do too.

Simple solution: If you don't like slow speed, don't go in convoys. If you are worried about getting banned for accidents, don't go in convoys. I think you can see what I'm getting at here.

Regards.

• Upvote 2

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

25 minutes ago, Kazuma said:

Why should it be added?: Because slow convoys on 1 lane roads set back others and when they overtake them there may be accidents. Following a convoy with extremely slow speed is annoying but we cant even overtake them because we might be banned for that if we cause accidents

Don't overtake, problem solved. B)

On a more serious note, just be patient and stick behind the convoy. 
"Better late than never"

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

What would you think if I suggested that no one should be allowed to drive faster than the speed limit on 2 lanes/2 ways roads? I drive 60 Km/h on those roads in Germany (because I like to follow the speed limits) and I'm sick of having to deal with players coming 90/100 Km/h, overtaking without caring about safe distances before merging in or even if some other truck is coming the other way. In this situation you are describing that other driver who finds a truck ahead coming fast has just these options: Hit the brakes and pray he/she stops in time - swerve right (or left in the UK) and leave the road risking a great damage to the truck/trailer - keep on driving into a huge crash, record and report.

The same thing goes for the overtaken player. I've had to pull out of the road or hit the brakes lots of times because of speeders overtaking like maniacs in narrow roads.

My point: If you find yourself again in that situation, just stop in a safe spot and give some time for the convoy to get far enough before continuing your trip. You can use that time to grab a drink, stretch your muscles, etc.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Tony Wang183 said:

我认为,我们需要尊重每一个车队。 我们不能只是去stright和打击其他卡车。 当我们遇到一个大车队,我们应该跟着他们或超越他们。 我也有我的车队,所以许多人真的很喜欢插入我们的团队,我们必须停止,总是让我困惑。:(

yes,
I know how you feel.

888.png.4522787715d2a0ee99ff54bb6ca9371f.png;)

On 8/12/2016 at 6:26 PM, The Imaginative Lad said:

Don't overtake, problem solved. B)

On a more serious note, just be patient and stick behind the convoy. 
"Better late than never"

Ok so dont overtake them? So would you follow them the whole time even if they go with 30 km/h and stop almost in every minute?

" I think, we need respect every convoy. "

Convoys also need to respect other truckers. Convoys DONT have the right to force others to go with 30km/h speed the whole time

" And, how often does that really happen? "

Sometimes it happens,but the problem is people can get banned because of slow noob convoys.I also got 5 days ban for overtaking a snail convoy and made a little crash, nothing serious damage happened at all but whatever.Causing accident was not my purpose,yet i was threated like a troll.....

Talking about trolls i honestly think these slow unorganized convoys are more annoying and cause bigger troubles than the trolls themselves. I think it's a selfish thing by the convoys going on 1 lane roads and when someone overtakes them they would not slow down either which breaks the rules aswell....

On 8/12/2016 at 6:33 PM, FernandoCR said:

My point: If you find yourself again in that situation, just stop in a safe spot and give some time for the convoy to get far enough before continuing your trip. You can use that time to grab a drink, stretch your muscles, etc.

Now that you mentioned it it's not a bad idea but i have to wait at least half hour for the convoy to get far enough.....I guess it's better than getting banned for 5 days lol

Just now, Kazuma said:

Ok so dont overtake them? So would you follow them the whole time even if they go with 30 km/h and stop almost in every minute?

There are multiple solutions to this.
1) Pull over and have a break like @FernandoCR mentioned.
2) Alter your route away from the convoy
3) Overtake once on a 2/3 lane carriageway where it is safer to do so.

Patience is key, you have to go with the flow of traffic.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

I Hold Conveys Most Of The Time I'm Trying to find highways cuz ik people and I hate high areas of a Lot of people at the same place being fun for everyone else i don't want to make others days upsetting with a convey i'm holding So My Rules are stay in the lane far's line and no over taking i don't take new members along the way cuz it doesn't work be cuz i'm not stopping for someone new they will have to go next time we go and have to know all the rules they don't follow them they cant be part of our conveys simple Also  I need pilots to block roads ahead and around the convey so others don't get hit and my drivers don't get hit at the same time not Holding up others i try to keep simple as much as i can get it 

Shouldn't be added because, it can cause more mayhem and people not in the convoy, then have to find gaps, which then is a struggle, which could then lead to an accident, which then leads to a ban.......

Most organised convoys will have some sort of communication between the drivers. I know a few VTCs, including the one I'm in, will notify the other drivers of approaching trucks/cars. Those vehicles are then monitored, and if the drivers ask if they can pass, we will find a suitable spot to pull over and let you pass, or maybe let you filter through.

The only other suggestion or when approaching a convoy is patience. Place yourself behind, and try to find out the route they are taking  and map out an alternative path at the next junction. Banning convoys one lane each way roads (or one way roads) makes it almost impossible for convoys to plan interesting routes, and also closes off access to some cities/towns

An8mXaY.png

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.