Attempted military coup / "Illegal" military action in Turkey

HumaneWolf

As per usual, we don't allow people to create a lot of topics about political topics, instead we are gathering it in this topic.

Please keep any discussion of these events in this topic, nowhere else on the forum.

This topic has political content, about a sensitive situation. Browse at your own discretion.

Content might be unsuited for some people and audiences.

Some basic rules:

• Keep it civil.
  • No discussion of these events outside of this topic on this forum.
  • Please link sources if you have any.
  • No racism or similar.
  • Please follow the forum rules.
  • We will moderate this topic strictly to make sure the rules are followed.

Some sources:

Live feeds

Embassies in Turkey - For anyone foreign citizen in Turkey

List of embassies in Turkey with phone numbers:

https://diplomatic.mfa.gov.tr/missions.aspx?selMenuId=4

For anyone in Turkey needing to contact their government for advice/help/information.

Summary

• Now:
    • Situation seems to be mostly resolved.
    • Prime minister arriving in capital.
    • Still chaotic, but seems to be improved.
    • Turkish Intelligence has released a statement saying the coup itself is over.
  • Previously
    • Military coup or illegal action attempted to overthrow current government.
    • Several central infrastructural points such as highways, bridges, etc, under military control.
    • Current government claims coup will fail, military claims it has succeeded.
    • Social media access restricted or blocked.
    • Lots of unknown factors - Messy situation with a lot of conflicting information.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

@ Turkish Players | Use Tor to avoid blocked websites.

"With reports of various websites being blocked you may get around it by changing DNS (look here), once you have changed DNS please download a VPN (such as tor) as a precaution in the event Google DNS is blocked.

/u/SharpKeyCard"

From Reddit page.

I just read that Twitter is completely blocked...

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

Gun shots near TRT Building...

"Gun shots are heard coming from a helicopter towards the TRT Building. (TRT is the Official Government News Agency). This was live on CNN Turk.

/u/HydraVea"

From Reddit.

@HumaneWolf : can you edit the yt, so it's just a link?   for some reason it won't let me put it in as just a link... 

russia today have a live feed going

Isobel Finkel, from Bloomberg, on twitter :  https://twitter.com/is_fink

sky news : linky

cnn turk linky

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

From the us state department : 

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/754078567961681920/photo/1

update on the norwegian travel advice : https://www.regjeringen.no/no/tema/utenrikssaker/reiseinformasjon/velg-reiserad/tyrkia_reiserad/id2475584/ 

Utenriksdepartementet fraråder alle reiser til Tyrkia som ikke er strengt nødvendige.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

5 minutes ago, Fulgura said:

Deleting my message eh @Memduh Basgan?

It wasn't a real 'coup'. It was a show. A propaganda, last breath of the 'republic of Turkey'.

Nope, it was me. The repost of it is fine though, as you explained it a bit more. First one could have been misinterpreted quite badly.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

^ Interesting move.

Anyway, the azan is recited by Erdogan's 'indirect' order from every mosque in Turkey, and called his electors on streets (that was a call for civil war i think.). I have to add, there's no 'midnight azan' in Islam. So it's an odd (and illegal) thing.

Everything was on TV, everyone who 'had to be captured' was on TV, on phones. I don't know how that was a 'take over'. There's clashes going on right now between the 'part of the army' and police in several important locations, those bullets and dead/dying people are the only real thing in this situation. Everything else, including 'take over' thing is a lie.

Source: me, who is living in a touristic region in Turkey.

Archived