More gas for cars.

Enderbro71

Suggestion Name: Larger Gas Tanks in cars
Suggestion Description: I have noticed that the cars burn through all of their gas very quickly, it would benefit the convoys if pilots did not have to stop for fuel way more than the trucks do. Maybe make it an upgrade under the "chassis."
Any example images: Nope
Why should it be added?: It will allow convoys to drive larger distances without having to stop.

• Upvote 1

A fix for this is to turn off realistic fuel consumption, this will allow you to go just that little bit further on a tank. You could also try conserving fuel by driving with lower RPM when driving along

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the devs will not edit the car more, I would suggest filling up just before you leave and then make a scheduled gas stop where you can refill and someone else can lead for that short amount of time, that is what I used to do.

• Upvote 2

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Plot twist:

On average cars get 300-400 miles per tank.

A semi can get upwards of 2,000 miles or more depending on the load and shifting habits.

So it's pretty common for a pilot car to have to stop for gas before the semi, sometimes 2-3 times to the semi's 1. That's sometimes why you see two on the highway.

You'll find me mostly on ATSMP. Look for Jguy in the shiny iridescent purple truck!

Following all the rules of the road and ticket free since 2003!

-1 the fuel amount is pretty much bang on what it is for your average car that hasn't been modified with extra tanks etc, as others have said, a Pilot car on average would have to stop at least 2x more than any of the trucks in the convoy if they all stop for fuel at the same time to start with, a cars range is around 400 miles depending on the car, the engine etc, I mean, if you drive a Diesel and you drive it conservatively, the max, MAX you could get is between 6-800 Miles, (thank you Jeremy Clarkson for the test years ago in a Diesel Audi which he took from London to Scotland and back again on one tank of fuel which was a trip of about 850Miles) but that's if you drive extremely cautiously and with extreme prejudice.

So no, the cars do not need any changes at all.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.