Nearby players window options

Suggestion Name: Nearby players window

Suggestion Description: Please add options to enable/disable player id, name, ping and distance and to change the order and player count shown on the list. Another option for the player count could be to always show 18 players but let us scroll up and down on the list. The settings for window transparency could be moved to the new menu tab and the report button need to be a bit smaler to fit better when disabling some settings. It would be nice if we could disable player names above trucks but still have the nearby players list shown. In areas with many people player names above trucks reduce a lot of fps.

Any example images:

At the moment changing the size just cuts everything of the window.

FudaANU.jpg

Here an example how it could look like, no need to change window size anymore, everything is done with settings on the menu.

cpNoRgB.jpg

Why should it be added?: With those changes we could keep this window visible all the time and still get a good view on mirrors, road and chat.

I'd agree with the ordered by number, as I've had it countless times while trying to get someone's name off the list of IDs and constantly just skimming over it, would be very helpful.

However, the others I see as unnecessary. We can resize the box however we need it, if you only want to show names then all you need to do is resize it to remove the ping and distance.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

Hi,

maybe i am doing something wrong when i make the window smaler but for me it cuts everything which removes the buttons on the bottom. I have to make it bigger as soon as i want to check someones profile or if i want to mute or report someone. I have it set to be transparent but is there a way to resize the window without losing buttons? Even the lines between player id, name, ping and distance make it easier to read but that's just my opinion :)

For me there is another issue which would be kind of solved with those options, i will add it to the bug forum later if i don't find a fix :) Every time i click the window to resize it i have to click the exact right spot on the corner else it don't resize but move the nearby players list around the screen. If this happens i have to restart the whole game because i am stucked in this moving list mode, i can right click to get back into the game but as soon as i right click again to get the mouse cursor i directly move the nearby players list around again.

This would definitely make the TAB menu much more clearer and sleeker however I don't see it being implemented, many ideas like this have been suggested and rejected many times but as I said, I personally would like to see this implemented. +1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

On 21.6.2016 at 11:33 AM, .::Cheetah::. said:

Maybe an addition to this suggestion would be to order the list by Distance or ID

So the closest person to you would be at the top, or the person with the lowest server ID

Already in the suggestion, the "sort by" option is what you described, maybe "order" would be a better name for this option :) Sort by name, distance and id would be nice i think, sort by ping could be excluded since it isn't really important.

• 4 years later...