Abolishing ping average rule

Tibe24

Hi MPTruckers!

Today I open this topic because I (and now I say it) really tired of being constantly kicked from the ETS2 multiplayer. I just enter in the server and and I'm immediately kicked, because of my "too high average ping", when I have never moved with my truck! I'm really very tired, I'm not sure of a internet problem because my Wi-Fi goes very well.

So we must find a solution, and I advice to remove this kicking rule, because it brings a lot of time away and this annoys me, or I will not play anymore with the ETS2 Multiplayer...!

Do not get me wrong, but one player more or less does not really change anything.

Are you sure your Wi-Fi connection is always stable? Can't you try to use a wired connection? Is it the same in other multiplayer games? What server are you trying to connect too?

The high ping rule will probably not removed (I think it is still to high anyways).

Average >600ms pings in Germany? How? I see that most Germans have a max. 50-60ms, and a lot of them has <30ms. (I know it because i have to watch my pings from the list all the time because of spikes.). You should check your network cables in your house or contact with your ISP. And Wi-Fi is a sneaky one when it comes to online games, getting an Ethernet cable is everyones advice.

Ping history:

• Germany: from 5 to 25/30ms
  • France: from 20 to 40ms
  • Poland: from 29 to 45ms
  • UK: from 25 to 40ms
  • Italy: from 40 to 130ms
  • Romania: from 47 to 90ms
  • Russia: from 50 to 150ms
  • Europe average: from 55 to 120ms
  • East of the world (China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, ...): Always over 200ms
  • West of the world (USA, Mexico, Brasil, Chile, Argentina, ...): from 150ms (USA) to over 300ms (Mexico/South America)

From Germany I Always see people with a VERY low ping (in ATS I saw a German with 7ms of ping).

My question is: if the servers of ETS2 and ATS (EU#01 and EU#02) are near Paris, how can Germans have ping lower than French people?

And why in Italy we've got the worst connection in Europe? Only in Milan, Turin and Bologna there is the 500 Mbit/s Optic Fiber of Vodafone... I'm 80 kms away from Milan and in my city there is the maximum of 20 Mbit/s! I'm a bit angry about this...

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

you really shouldn't be using wifi for multiplayer gaming.....  And i don't say that because i'm a gamer, but because in my job as a ctv/isp tec. i ofthen have to go to custumers who have problems with their wifi nets.  

Wifi really can be like winning the lottery, if you don't do it right. ( and then, moving some funiture arround, or getting a new nabour can mess that up again....)

If your wifi router have an usb3.0 port, with conected 3.0 equiptment on it, it'll mess up your 2.4GHz net aswell btw ( that's why i never recomend routers with 3.0 usb ports on them ).

If you can, use a cable whan playing TruckersMP. Then i'm quite sure you're ping would be better.  Though, i don't recomend using power lan.

If it doesn't improve when using a cable, might i suggest that you check to see if there's a update for your router awailible.  And, ofcourse, you're router would probably need a restart every now and then, since many routers doesn't manage to flush the chage completely, and when that fills up, it'll make some problems for the net experience.

Hope you'll manage to get it better, and that you again can enjoy playing online .

Have a nice weekend ;) 

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

The problem with high ping is that it causes issues for other players near you, because you will be lagging around. That's why there is a max limit, and why it's not gonna be changed.

If you have issues with ping, make sure you have a stable connection and that you are connecting to the server closest to you.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived