Add 32-bit version back

damianea103

Should there be a 32-bit version of ETS2MP added back?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 32-bit version of ETS2MP added back?

• Yes
    • No

This would help a lot of people (including me) that don't have the money to upgrade to a 64-bit machine. I think you should put out a special 32-bit version and just maybe split up ETS2MP and ATSMP like in the old times.

(Sorry that this dosen't follow the normal suggestion appeal but i wrote this quickly in hopes of notice.

BTW sry for bad english im from Poland)

76561198113581790.png

On 25.03.2016 at 8:08 PM, The Imaginative Lad said:

32Bit is no longer supported, it is out dated and the majority of users now use 64 bit. 

So I am sorry but you would have to update to a 64 bit version of Windows 7 or above.

Oh well worth a try i guess. See ya in 2017-2018 then or even later ;(

EDIT AFTER A YEAR: It's 2017 and finally got a 64 bit version of Windows for my laptop, yay! I was correct about saying see you in 2017

Edited by damianea103

76561198113581790.png

53 minutes ago, damian103 said:

This would help a lot of people (including me) that don't have the money to upgrade to a 64-bit machine. I think you should put out a special 32-bit version and just maybe split up ETS2MP and ATSMP like in the old times.

You have money to buy 121 games and 36 DLCs but you don't have enough money to upgrade your PC?

Yp3qIEE.png

• Upvote 1

although some people do only have PCs that support 32bit only, if you play ETS2, chances are your PC can run 64bit without issue, plus, a 64bit version of Windows isn't that expensive compared to buying a brand new PC just to run 64bit, ive had 64bit since I first started playing ETS2 back in 2012 and so never had the issue of needing to upgrade really, but when I bought my disc version of windows 7 back then, it only cost me £30, which is the average cost of a new game on steam anyways...

It still only costs less than £20 to upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit professional edition (COA only), when you used a refurbished edition (One that has been taken from a decommissioned PC and re-activated by Microsoft). You can then go onto upgrade to Windows 10 (if your computer supports it)

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

7 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

just out of curiosity, is it down to the limitations of the mod and the servers or just down to costs of having to run both platforms?

It must be due SCS only official supporting 64 bit for ATS. They couldn't do this for ETS as too many people were still using 32 bit and they had to keep it playable for them or else all hell would most likely break out.

1105615.png

14 minutes ago, The Imaginative Lad said:

It must be due SCS only official supporting 64 bit for ATS. They couldn't do this for ETS as too many people were still using 32 bit and they had to keep it playable for them or else all hell would most likely break out.

eh I guess so, its just that when I was looking at how much it costs to lease 2 servers that are 32 and 64bit compatible for a game project im working on, it was extortionatly priced compared to just having a 64bit version, ,32bit seems more expensive even though its much older tech!

3 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

eh I guess so, its just that when I was looking at how much it costs to lease 2 servers that are 32 and 64bit compatible for a game project im working on, it was extortionatly priced compared to just having a 64bit version, ,32bit seems more expensive even though its much older tech!

That is probabily why 32 bit servers are more expensive, as they are older and require more maintenance (Also with less competition they can raise the prices). But TBH I have no idea how servers work (The only experience I have is a minecraft server running from my home PC, and some older IBM which we use as a media server, that just sits in a dis-used cupboard and has been left running for the past 6 years with no problems)

1105615.png

^ Alot of people do not understand the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit architectures. 

If SCS did upgrade to 53bit (Very, very rare architecture, only seen it once) then 32 bit computers still cannot run it.

32 bit is excellent for basic computing (Word processing, email, web browsing, etc.) As these do not require anything near 4gb of RAM (Limitation of 32 bit architectures). Most mid-range PCs nowadays come with between 6GB and 12GB of RAM (Ones you can pick up in the shop) and so come with a 64 bit architecture to take full advantage of the RAM available. The only problem though that this has created is that people then automatically think "Hey, its got 8gb of RAM, I can run GTA V". Computer stores tend to keep quite about GPU and CPU power unless the customers queries them about it. 

I say this as my Auntie was conned into a laptop with 8GB of ram, 1TB of storage space but it had an AMD-E clocked at only 1.6Ghz with an AMD mobility GPU, flat out 100% cpu usage when loading solitaire. Computer manufacturers nowadays just make something pretty, slap a label on it and pile it full with a hand full of components and see what happens.

Anyway, I took this off - topic, lets keep on track :P 

1105615.png

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.