Realistic Server with authorisation only

Exothula

I am playing ats nearly every day. In every session i am playing i See lots of idiots breaking the rules and driving live my 2 year old girlchild. You can see in alot of posts that i am not the only one who is tired of these players playing their destruction derby and american truckracing simulator. Actualy there is no hour ingame without reporting 2-3 people breaking the rules hard like blocking or ramming or driving on the wrong lane.

Now my question. Would you be able to create a Server for players who like to play realistic and know how to drive. IT needs to be a server you only can join with an authorisation.

This game is a vicious circle of stress. You go on EU1 and have about 5 really laggy trucks overtake you going up or down an interstate, all of which doing 68. You try EU2 and everyone flies past you as past as humanly possible. Then you try singleplayer a go and get even more stressed when a car in front of you slows down from 65 to 35 for some stupid roadworks just outside of Sacramento.

You don't moan on EU1 because there's no point, you'll just get ignored or brushed to the side. If you say something on EU2 you just get told to go back to EU1. Last but not least you just pay countless speeding fines/accident offenses when theres a drastic speed limit changed.

All in all, I still manage to have fun, no idea how but I do...

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

I think they should make a test with a paid version of server. Idiots will don't pay to act like idiots, so this particularly server will be fine and people that like truckers, simulation and these things will be fine and enjoy a good time.

Something like $5 a month would be nice. Idiots and child that have no money at all will stay on free servers.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

Only downside is, the server will be mostly empty. Because, even if all serious players get on this new "pay-to-play" server, we'll be..what ? 20 ? ok, 30 ?

And then there's the complicated issue with making a profit using an SCS game without consent.

No paying server, no server dedicated to a small - but enthusiastic - group.

We all have to learn to live along. Some will quit, others will stay. In time, only good drivers will still be arround, trolls and the likes will move on to newer, more exiciting games.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all up for realism and serious driving trucking, but what makes #EU1 great is high population. A paid server, or any kind of other server, would just cut into the population, spreading it thin.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

^ server slots are not owned by scs, as long as no scs files are on the sever they can't be touched. Also as long as the app remains the same for free/paid users and available for free like it's now once again scs won't touch them or can't if once again no scs files are included. To the best of my knowledge it's no different than any mod made from complete scratch. Just people have the misconception because they inject other players into the game they have to be breaking copyright laws... disassembling code is illegal however they've yet had a cease and desist order now have they?

Only downside would be the limited users count who'd pay for it. Nothing else

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Only downside is, the server will be mostly empty. Because, even if all serious players get on this new "pay-to-play" server, we'll be..what ? 20 ? ok, 30 ?

And then there's the complicated issue with making a profit using an SCS game without consent.

No paying server, no server dedicated to a small - but enthusiastic - group.

We all have to learn to live along. Some will quit, others will stay. In time, only good drivers will still be arround, trolls and the likes will move on to newer, more exiciting games.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all up for realism and serious driving trucking, but what makes #EU1 great is high population. A paid server, or any kind of other server, would just cut into the population, spreading it thin.

Yes, I think the same. The games pertences to SCS, but they could talk with SCS guys and share the profit, I don't know. Looks like they're understand each other.

Anyway, it would be a disaster have paid and free version. Paid version, like you say, will have really few people.

But hey, let me dream with a perfect world! lol

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

• 3 weeks later...

Archived