If red lights are against the rules in ATS...

Save

Event though this is not "listed" it the rules, there is information about this kind of issue. if you read the rules, they ask you to follow all traffic laws set out by a standard (whether it be an American standard, UK standard or EU standard) as long as you follow those standards and the rules set out by the TruckersMP team you shouldn't be punished. Should you be banned for such a reason, make a ban appeal explaining the situation because as far as i am aware, all in game admins must have sufficient evidence to issue a ban, and if an admin's evidence is insufficient (ie you went through a red with absolutely nobody around) then i would imagine your ban appeal would be successful and the ban would be removed from your history.

Regards,

Krym

Owner of Global Logistics

Crossing a red light is not a bannable offense unless you cause an accident by doing that or anything similar.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Alot of admins only ban you if you pass a red light at danger and cause an accident. I just look on my map for any dots coming my way and if it is safe I go

a lot of admins said yesterday if you pass red lights (at any time) you get banned/kicked

Crossing a red light is not a bannable offense unless you cause an accident by doing that or anything similar.

Oh right, I must of miss read or something

Imo, there's no need for an announcement. Its about logic... Both ATS & ETS are subject to European Traffic Laws. If there's someone coming, you should't pass in order to avoid any crashes and/or accidents.

And in the in-game rules announcement, there are links to those RL traffic rules/laws. 

Thank you,

^

Wait. Are you telling us that ATS is subject to the European traffic rules!? I want to believe you simply didn't think it would be necessary to mention North American rules for ATS.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^

Ah, good. I just wanted a greater clarification on the generalization. The text is slightly misleading. :P

-----------------------

Now, on the subject of turning right on a red light in the US...

By law it is allowed (unless there is a road sign indicating it isn't allowed at a certain point) as long as you come to a full stop before turning, check if there isn't traffic coming and yield if there is so to not cause an accident.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^

You didn't get a ticket "randomly". You did run the red light. If you don't come to a full stop before turning right on a red light it will be classified as running the light (both in-game and in real life) and thus, you will get ticked. You must stop completely before turning right on a red. Always. Do that and you will never get a ticket again.

GP53e75.jpg

Admins say in game that passing a red light will get you banned. If that is so, Why is the "in game rules" thread on the forums not updated? A lot of people will be unaware it's against the rules =/

They'll add it eventually, the Multiplayer hasn't been out very long, so things are bound to change.

When you find out Disney owns Star Wars  

For the safety of the other players in the game and to not get into an accident with others i think people should stop at the red lights. From experience I've had myself people ram me at red lights because they didn't care and it cost me money not them. I think its very unfair that some player couldn't care about red lights or the rules. As i see it if you want to drive reckless go and play GTA not ETS2 or ATS. 

76561198209839504.png

Few people have seen the rules though.

Screenshot_32.png

On login on the website you are presented with the rules, so anyone getting the mod should have read them before being able to get the mod.

^

You see... a lot of people simply ignore the rules. I have been checking the servers status and although ATS EU#1 hasn't reached its cap of 2000 players, it has been very close to it. but if you combine the amount of players on all of the ATS servers together, it surpasses 2000. However, as it seems, out of these 2000+ only about less than 600 players have actually bothered with at least checking the guides for the North American traffic regulations. Which basically does mean that the rest (well, part of the rest, let's be fair. Some of these people probably already know and follow the laws with no need check the guide) are ignoring the rules.

GP53e75.jpg

^

Allow me to quote myself, Vargur.

"let's be fair. Some of these people probably already know and follow the laws with no need check the guide"

GP53e75.jpg

Archived