Auto Kick Warning for being Idle

ToxicNinjaUK

I just reread it, and it still sounds like better time management would fix the issue...

Btw you're talking to a player who literally idles at Ep for possibly hours (at least 150 hours in game) some video I've gotten there is insane. I've only been auto kicked 5 times due to longer than planned washroom breaks ;)

• Upvote 1

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I see what you mean but sometimes some people have chat turned off. I have chat turned off in many circumstances. Although I don't spend much time AFK I still think having this display larger or in the centre of the screen would be a good idea, especially when we are doing convoys over at ETR :P

Oh yeah i forgot you could turn of the chat lol

• Upvote 1

That's a good idea, I do agree that the message isn't very easily seen and should be somewhere in the center of your screen like the pop up saying you entered or left a city. 

If the mods can't agree to doing that then I would propose a different suggestion that ties in with this one.

Why not make the afk kicker only kick people when the servers are near full population? That way if people are trying to join the afk kicker will clear out people that are afk for more than 5-10 minutes and make room for people to join. But if say the server is at 500/2000 people then the afk kicker is turned off and waits until the population reaches 90-95% capacity?

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with ToxicNinjaUK and ^Badqriuel.

The autokick notification could be more visible. Clear notification in the middle of the screen would be very nice. 

Now it's in the chat area for a short time, with small red letters and many times with a green (grass, trees etc) background, so it's very hard to read it, especially if you are red/green color blind as I am.:unsure:

The server load limit came to my mind also when I was autokicked from an empty server. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I agree that a larger, more centered warning would be nice, but it would be even better if you could just consider key strokes instead of JUST truck movement.  After all, if i am customizing a truck, I am using the keyboard, and should NOT be kicked out and have to redo everything.

+1, the message isn't visible enough, and I don't want to press "y" every time I want to see if I'm in the countdown...

EDIT: @Badgriuel proposed a good idea too, it's annoying when the server is empty, you don't block anything and it just kicks you off after 5 minutes...

EDIT2: So is it possible to write an AHK script to write to chat and avoid the kick? That will be awesome! (no chat spamming though :)

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

• 1 year later...

The current warning is sufficient enough. We are not going to introduce a big red warning siren which is blinking and yelling just for the convenience of AFK users. If you do not play, please leave the game and come back if you want to drive again.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.