remove swearing as a reason for an in-game ban/suspension

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should this suggestion be approved?

• yes
    • no

Suggestion Name: Remove swearing as a reason for an in-game ban/suspension 
Suggestion Description: Seriously we're all grown adults/ mature people here, we don't need to be told off for swearing, that's our mothers job.
Any example images: nah.
Why should it be added?: Free speech-HIDDEN-

Not everybody on the servers are over the age of 12, so for this to be removed, it would be terrible. There is no need for insulting or dirty words on the servers. If you want to do that, take it to Steam or a PM. 100% No from me. In my opinion, the ban for insulting and profanity should be increased, not got rid of. -1 definitely.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

I agree with Phillip.

Not everyone approves of strong language and profanity within the in game servers.

Even adults dislike strong language within the game.

The game itself is a 3+ so for this reason i give your suggestion a -1

Regards

> Joined 29 Nov 2014 - 10 Year Anniversary <

History

Previously known as Louie G 

Former Truckers.FM Station Manager & Presenter

Former Apollo Logistics, Atlas Logistics & Nordic LTD Manager

First of all, not everyone are adults. Second, even IF everyone were adults, why would that be a reason to allow profanity? I may curse quite a bit in real life but I still think that the chat looks hundred times better without people swearing every other sentence. Let's keep the servers nice and friendly.

• Upvote 1

This is a bad idea. Remove swearing so it's not forbidden. Yeah we respect that people might just swear automatically we get that but, you have to remember this is a game for all ages. Not one for you to F and blind at whoever you want.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

I think this is a bad suggestion being due to the fact that a few of the players are under the age of 12...

If anything, I think the ban length should be increased....... 

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

I can understand that in the heat of the moment one can let out a burst of swearing. .. But it's a big step from that, to activating chat, type the swearing, and hit enter.... then it's not just a slip, then it's deliberate.... And there's quite a bit of difference between those two.

• Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

At the moment I post this there are 6 votes for yes and 16 for no. 0 arguments to support the answer yes. I can tell that there seems to be tiny amount of reasons why this should be accepted.

Cursing us a good way of releasing out anger and is quite harmless, you'd rather say that fuck than punch your hand through the screen. However, there is no need to type it in that chat, because you can just say it out loud and no harm caused. You'll still feel better afterwards. If you type it in to the chat, it's most likely meant to insult someone. You don't make a troll stop trolling with fuck you or bad driver become better. When you're swearing in chat for no reason, that's just ridiculous and more typing for your fingers.

I admit that I swear IRL, especially when I mess something up or something isn't working (in worst cases I go through all swear words I know in Finnish and sometimes English too). I use some swear words when talking to friends, if I want to point something out from my speech more. I'm trying to swear less than before, though.

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!

Definitely not... there are many different and much better ways of expressing our feelings/words in chat than swearing/insulting. A lot of the time swearing will result in somebody feeling insulted. 

-1. Definitely not in my opinion.

Thanks J3B for linking that…

As have been covered by multiple people in this thread, there is practically no reason to remove it. Especially considering we have an age span in this community from at least 8 years and all the way up to 60+ years. The community should be welcoming and inclusive for all ages, and simply not permitting swearing will hopefully make people at least think twice about what they are writing.

If you feel the need for an anger vent, just yell it out, or punch a wall, no need to write it in chat.

Also, adding a vote to your suggestion is pointless, we reserve the right to decline even the most popular of suggestions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.