Admins,Mods Just a thought

Hey_Wtf

I agree that it can be a little frustrating when people have a whole load of lights on their trucks and are causing glare or even technical issues (lag etc...). However, there are many people in the MP community that love to jazz up their truck with cool stuff like lights, and it wouldn't be fair to take that feature away from them. A feature that comes in the game as stock.

I personally think it should be limited, just not as extreme of a limit as 4. Maybe 6 or 8.

If your pcs struggle due to lights should get an upgrade then lol

I'm on a £2500 gaming laptop that can run ETS2 40% double high settings lol even though I still get lag when I'm in a high population location. Beacons, lights, speeding monkeys, and night times seems the worst.

I have three beacons and I don't use them anymore, even with a oversized trailer I keep them off.

Only time I had to use my lights on High is on the new countryside map. It was sooooo darkness.

James May was here

lcuoUWl.gif.2ae879e10f4e499e935acbd4db146289.gif

If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I agree that it can be a little frustrating when people have a whole load of lights on their trucks and are causing glare or even technical issues (lag etc...). However, there are many people in the MP community that love to jazz up their truck with cool stuff like lights, and it wouldn't be fair to take that feature away from them. A feature that comes in the game as stock.

I personally think it should be limited, just not as extreme of a limit as 4. Maybe 6 or 8.

I believe the major issue is people using the lights addon mod for multiplayer allowing people to put a beacon on every slot on both the roof, grill and bumper.

There should be harder regulations on beacons, especially if you want to mod your game.

76561198004601492.png

^ Yes exactly. So if we limited it, but not to such a low number, that would solve the problem and hopefully everybody (well, most people) would be happy :). Limiting it to something as low as 4 seems a bit extreme to me.

having loads of lights on roof glares out all road signs so you will not know what speed your supposed to be at,thats why loads of trucks miss there turn off :D Do you really think it looks good?

It isn't like blackpool tower it's just how I like it and I know a few trucks like this in real life

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It isn't like blackpool tower it's just how I like it and I know a few trucks like this in real life

I see,I bet you do not even dip headlights when behind trucks or on coming,Tell you that a truck following me had so many lights it lite up my cabin,I saw the lights where on red,what did he do? Yes he slammed into the back of my truck as he did not see my brake lights,then the same truck slammed in to the back of me when I slowed down to a reversing truck as he missed his turn off,so you telling me you like to play like this,means to me that you think its your game and have disregard to any other players,your truck,your road,members look at me i have spotlights on my truck if i glare you in mirrors or can not see road signs or brake lights,I don't care as i like to play like that :))))))

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Cant see how having too many lights caused him to run into you tbh maybe a crap driver but nowt to do with lights on a truck lol

i use my full lights all the time and never missed a turning off due to them,you have a gps infront of you so missing a turning is more down to not paying attention to the road/gps etc

I can also see signs no problem where am heading too. i aint even had any comments while online about my lights on either :lol:

the only time ive ever turnt off my roof and bullbars lights was lastnite at the xmas convoy as people were getting lag and the admins asked nicely.

Cant see how having too many lights caused him to run into you tbh maybe a crap driver but nowt to do with lights on a truck lol

i use my full lights all the time and never missed a turning off due to them,you have a gps infront of you so missing a turning is more down to not paying attention to the road/gps etc

I can also see signs no problem where am heading too. i aint even had any comments while online about my lights on either :lol:

the only time ive ever turnt off my roof and bullbars lights was lastnite at the xmas convoy as people were getting lag and the admins asked nicely.

Read what i said,to many lights will stop you seeing red brake lights,go and test it out if you do not believe what i say and test the road signs as well while your there,and ask one of your friends to drive behind with all lights on full see how you will like,then we get members who say they like last years snow as this years was to much glare :P

Lag as well ;p red brake lights stand out more when it is dark,whats that song called,/blinded by the light/ :P

I like the lights it's not over the top and no one is going to stop me use them.

I dip to oncoming traffic however if they don't dip I go back to full beam simple.

I also dip to people over taking so they have a good view in their mirrors.

Read what i said,to many lights will stop you seeing red brake lights,go and test it out if you do not believe what i say and test the road signs as well while your there,and ask one of your friends to drive behind with all lights on full see how you will like,then we get members who say they like last years snow as this years was to much glare [emoji14]

Lag as well ;p red brake lights stand out more when it is dark,whats that song called,/blinded by the light/ [emoji14]

now this is just plain stupidity ,24 spotlights on front of truck,does it look good? No its how he likes to ply having disregard for other road users,I do not care as i can see daylight at night time whoever comes around the blind corner will be blinded and all you guys saying,oh i love to have loads of lights,I do not care if others can not see or distracted by my lights,at least i can see

21a01p5.jpg

Some drivers are using their lights as a new way of trolling. Last night a driver with far too many lights and flashers swerved around and stayed in my rear view mirror. When I did not seem to get frazzled he turned to another intended victim...which unfortunately worked :( Poor guy went into the ditch. Unfortunately I only have video of him trolling me. 

It is annoying but it's hard for staff to do much about it. The rule about being limited in regards to how many is on your truck is not really needed. Everyone has their own preference. If someone tries to troll you all you can do is ignore it and focus on driving rather than looking in your mirror for longer than necessary. If no one reacts to their trolling they may get bored.

Biomass driver of Stobart Trucking VTC

It is annoying but it's hard for staff to do much about it. The rule about being limited in regards to how many is on your truck is not really needed. Everyone has their own preference. If someone tries to troll you all you can do is ignore it and focus on driving rather than looking in your mirror for longer than necessary. If no one reacts to their trolling they may get bored.

Have you tried concentrating on driving when all you cabin is lit up from the glare in the side mirrors? i think that answers you

Archived