Truck [only] Collissions in Companies

Gorkal1ty

I would love it if it worked properly but you have

1. People that would jump the queue

2. People that are trying to reverse for 30 minutes as I have seen before

3. People spawning in the company (Trucks going flying everywhere)

4. Queue building up outside companies (causing massive tailbacks)

5. Again people using quick jobs

(spawning in companies trucks going flying everywhere causing damage)

It would basically be like Europoort on rush hour in companies trucks getting rammed, overtaken, blocked, cut up

There are many reasons why this wouldn't work properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Super_Trucker here, I would love for this to be implemented as it would bring more of a realistic feeling into the game but sadly there are way to many trolls out there to actually make this enjoyable. Along with that is some people (like myself) log off in company yards so not to cause grief when they come back online whereas if you did limit players to log off at player garages or the repair shop/truck shop could cause some major traffic problems in those areas. -1 from me.

• Upvote 1

76561198087092988.png

There are many reasons why this wouldn't work properly.

Thanks for not searching for any solution or alternative then. I will do your work:

1. People that would jump the queue: Just like in real life, so let´s teach kids to respect each other.

2. People that are trying to reverse for 30 minutes as I have seen before Just like in real life. It could be reported and after an admin sees 1 min of that driver will be enough to kick him to "train in SP before parking in MP".

3. People spawning in the company: Solution already said, trucks should be teleported into NCZ areas, it´s possible and a necessary addon in my opinion for every situation of spawning in mp.

4. Queue building up outside companies (causing massive tailbacks) Massive tailbacks will only appear in massive cities, and those will be exepctions, already solved in the post.

5. Again people using quick Jobs: The only real issue, Quick Job Spawning should be NCZ for all Truck and Tráiler, if devs could differ from that kind of spawning, wont be a mayor issue. If they cant... then let´s make a try and see how many accidents are caused.

Main post edited. Is it so difficult to make a try? Cmon...

lkRjRkb.png

^

It's causing unnecessary work that doesn't need to be carried out

It's also unfair maybe if they implemented more bays to reverse trailers so there would be quicker offloading maybe I would agree with this post but for now until a better and easier suggestion comes up it is -1 for me sorry

every addition to the mod, could be said to cause unnecessary work.....

I don't buy that argument.

If there aren't any easy way to sort out the spawning with quick jobs, then it might be an idea to disable them ( atleast while we give this a try )

And, having this implemented could help save the two endangered qualities that are rappidly being bannished by human kind.... Patience and respect

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Actually +1 it will be funny seeing trucks flying everywhere and massive queues and people smashing each other swearing raging I would love this to come to multiplayer everyone would WHY NOT?? Lmao (sarcasm)

Id say it is/isn't a good idea

Is a good idea: Cause people would have to wait to drop and the person backing up won't have many trucks in their face while struggling to park. 

isn't a good idea: Cause their will be a cluster of trucks waiting + possibly trying to cut in line witch means may ram other people. and their will be a lot of lag going on witch isn't really good for some people.  

Not sure how it'll workout.

• Upvote 1

image.png

Generate your own dynamic signature at http://jmdev.ca/twitch/

• 2 weeks later...

Although I think this is a very good idea think about how much more confusing this will be. Players will be caused to wait, causing traffic. This would make things like ramming, blocking and impatient players come to their full potential. If this was a game where everyone could drive respectfully and everybody could follow the rules then this would be a very good idea. But we don't live in a world where everyone is perfect. So we will get troll and people that are incapable of waiting, not only causing an issue for themselves and the player they are inside of but it will make traffic worse and altogether go down the drain. Also having trucks as collision object would mean trailers would hit them too. Sorry but I have to disagree with this one. But nice idea :)

AddFriend.png

-1 for me. This would cause havoc and be a hotspot for trollers. When parking, some of the new players take up to 10mins top park there trailer, so a 1min period for each player would not work. Also, some of these yards get really busy, and players just wouldn't wait there turn. Sorry, but this is not a good idea in my opinion. It might be realistic, but not suitable for players in MP

Regards :)

• Upvote 1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Thanks for not searching for any solution or alternative then. I will do your work:

3. People spawning in the company: Solution already said, trucks should be teleported into NCZ areas, it´s possible and a necessary addon in my opinion for every situation of spawning in mp.

What if a trucker does quick delivery should he be teleported too to NCZ area? if he spawns on a company area and a trucker reverse and then boom crash.

I can agree that this would add realism but unfortunately I think that it would make players feel impatient because they end up waiting 20+ minutes for their turn to unload their trailers, and players who are new to ETS2MP might be unaware of this setup when loading and unloading trailers. It can confuse people a bit because actually we would have to make entire depots collision zones, BOTH truck and trailer

Sadly, this results in depots becoming a feeding ground for trolls because they can crash into another player. 

This is an excellent concept, but a big no-no when it comes to implementation in my opinion. 

I can say that it creates gridlock for those delivering elsewhere in the city when there's enough players going to the same company and it causes outrage for the community and if this goes on for longer, we would have the same scenario just like at EP where the traffic jam stretches back to Rotterdam. 

We don't want people to sit for 45 minutes in a traffic jam just so they can get elsewhere because of someone unloading their trailers. 

It's a decisive -1 because this would result in more people having to go on ETS2MP overnight (between 2am and 7am GMT) to unload their trailers because there are only 300 players on average playing on EU#1 between these hours. 

I've just found a lil' problem if your suggestions gets implemented. Please watch this video.

http://plays.tv/video/56634c1383154ed2ac

Notice the red truck, that suddenly appears in the left mirror (At the right of the reversing truck).

What would have happened if that truck, spawned in my spot, but without the NCZ? I'm sure the next thing I'll see, will be both of our trucks flying =/

If your suggestion gets implemented, I would reccomend adding a new rule: To punish those who park, stay idle, or spawn, in  the companies' lots (Like the rule from the Europort). I'm not really sure if a ban, but maybe a kick.

• Upvote 1

I really don't see the problem of having to wait in line for the drop of.......

It's no different than having to wait in line to refuel (though, time vice it'll be a bit different)

If you got no patience, jump to sp for the drop of....?

• Upvote 2

But it would cause issues for users collecting cargo as they would collect the cargo and be trapped in by reversing trucks etc. Overall this would cause traffic jams, leading to lag + collisions with user telports and quick job points. I like the idea but it isn't the way multiplayer works unfortunately. You can always pretend that this has been implemented ;)

AddFriend.png

well, if you can't wait for 1 truck to park, afther picking up a load, you could always f7+enter?........

And, if this is implemented, a new rule should come with it, keep one lane open at depots, for exiting traffic

• Upvote 1

@Lukas, lets be sincere, I´ve been parking alone in a company tones of times, and just have 2-3 unknown drivers parking in the 70% of times. Only if I go into Germany and some other huge cities I can think of those "Traffic Jams" as you said. So as I always say, cant we think of solutions? You can make quite more exceptions with big cities as I clearly suggested to avoid jams, and even start with for example, applying this in Going East or Scandinavia areas, which are clearly more calmed and would be a nice way to make a first try.

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

and those of us that had scandinavia from the start, know that you can have collision on in there :P

I think that it might be a good idea, to try it out in the dlc's maps, though, that would require a popup hint when entering those dlc areas, to remind you of truck only collisions there

• Upvote 1

I would also love to see it tried out, and doing it in Scandinavia DLC would probably be easier, as it uses different assets, and therefore, disabling the NCZ for those particular assets won't affect the base map. (If that is even how the zones are enabled). It's always a good thing to try things out, and then get feedback from the players, and see what most people think. I remember when whole cities would be NCZ, and everyone was running through each other and not caring for anything at all. Many people was upset when the NCZ was limited to only repair shops and companies etc. but now, everyone seems to think of it as how it should be. My take on it anyway.

• Upvote 2

Well, one step at a time, don't you think? If people like it in the DLC areas, then why stop there? The natural thing to do next would be to expand it to the base map. If the popularity goes back down again, you can go back to only having it at the DLC areas. That is the whole point of testing something out. To see what works, and what doesn't.

• Upvote 1

Well, we can never get rid of the ncz completely.

That's because of the ferries, train and, garages and service shops, that you can teleport to...

But truck only in companies i would like to test out. I think it will bring something to the experience

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.