Quick suggestion.

I was thinking for the popular position called "Admin", why is the age restriction that high maybe it might help if you lowered it, because some younger people are better than the older ones at some point, so why not drop it down to 14 or over, I'm personally 14 but I'm not doing this out of my favour because I want "Admin", I'm doing this for the favour of others. I know you might not like younger people being Staff but as I have said some are good and I believe it's more fair to lower it. I have been Admin on lots of games and servers and from what I've heard I was good so it proves that young people could be good, so just bare this in mind and give me your feedback. And if anyone thinks im trying to get Admin no I'm not I know that "Clarkinator" before on my last post thought I was, I'm not I'm just helping out as a good player.

-Sami

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

Suggestions format

Suggestions have to follow the format:

• A fitting title.
  • A description of what the suggestion is about.
  • A reason why it should be added/removed/changed.
  • Any eventual example images or similar.

Remember to keep your post structured and easy to read.

For example:

Suggestion Name

Suggestion Description:
Any example images
Why should it be added?:

Example:

Suggestion Name: Add non collision zones within delivery depots
Suggestion Description: At the moment there is collision zones around the entire map, it would benefit everyone if there were non collision zones within the delivery depots and dropoff points.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It'd allow multiple users to deliver at the same time.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Yeah who can just kick if people are blocking, just give them a shot is what I'm saying. Thanks for your feedback and I hope the senior team agree with me.

Also they could make a rank "Junior Admin Manager" to manage the younger admins.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

The age restrictions are necessary to maintain a mature team, and maturity is highly connected to age in most cases. Now, an age requirement mostly applies for applications, and on a case to case basis it is possible to recruit a member that is younger, provided (s)he is mature and fulfills our other requirements, but any such exception will not be made based on an application, but on the behavior they demonstrate in the community. Now, this entire requirement becomes a bit irrelevant in that we don't actually open up the admin applications to the public, Vodka/Clark runs it internally if we need people.

I'm just saying you could try and give them a shot or make a rank "Trial-Admin" maybe...

The reason we don't have such a rank is because it creates an image that a part of the team is not trusted, and that another part has a higher position and can't be rivaled. This is not the case, everyone's work is checked to make sure quality stays at a high level, and that people are treated fairly.

Now, another thing with the Trial Admin rank suggestion is that it's generally a rank with some limited power compared to "normal" admins, used to see if a person is trustworthy. This is ultimately unnecessary when most of the admin recruitment happens internally, as we already know whether a person can be trusted or not from their previous work. In addition, there are few powers to limit in the game and in general, we have no "spawn truck/trailer", "block road" commands or anything like that, the commands we do have are what we use to maintain the rules on the servers. Limiting those commands is a bad idea because it lowers our chances of actually maintaining the rules, as the trial admins won't have the tools necessary.

Yeah who can just kick if people are blocking, just give them a shot is what I'm saying. Thanks for your feedback and I hope the senior team agree with me.

Also they could make a rank "Junior Admin Manager" to manage the younger admins.

Another completely unnecessary rank. If we want a younger admin into our team, we will recruit him or her to a normal admin rank. There are no reason to give them a special title or rank when they will have the same rights and the same job as all the other admins.

In addition, adding a rank who can just kick etc. has been suggested and rejected before, so search for that for more reasons why we won't add people who can just kick.

REJECTED.

• Upvote 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

I don't like this suggestion, I'm sorry, I will explain you why.

I personally do own an international business, I'm not going into all the details, because you don't need that info, so I do have a lot of experience with managing companies, projects and teams.. (And i'm currently in the Airborne Infantry Selection.. life is tough haha..)

So you need to see "Admin" as some kind of management job, where an "admin" is managing between 500 and 1500 truckers, which is a lot of work I can tell you that. (I am NOT an admin here on ETS2MP!!!)

So let's say an average 14 years old boy/girl needs to manage 1500 truckers, with no experience in managing those amount of players, and no offense, but  boys and girls that are 14 years old do not have any experience in life, they just went to high school, most kids of 14 are playing football or basketball, well at least they did that when I was 14... They seem to do all kind of other things now  :wacko: ... And how do you think an average girl/boy which is 14 years old can deal with a lot of stress? I'm not saying that all 14 years old can't deal with stressful situations, but you have to draw a line somewhere..

But let's compare a 14 years old boy/girl to a let's say 18 years old boy/girl..

You will see that the 18 years old boy/girl are more capable of dealing with stress, they have more experience in life, well soms 18 years old don't, but that's another story.. Also most boys/girls that are 18 already had some kind of job, where they had some kind of responsibility of doing X or Y, and a 14 years old boy/girl doesn't, concluding an older person has more experience in life, but also in managing things, because they may already dealt with stressful situations, situations where they didn't know how to respond on but now they do..

I'd liked the suggestion if you said that players that are 14 years old would be able to join the support team, and maybe now and then have a little sneak peak on how things go as an Admin, so they can learn on how to react on specific kind of situations.. 

Also, and that is the last thing that I'm going to say, I don't think you would get a lot of adult players if the average age is 14-15 of the staff, most older people, would like to see a mature team, where they feel comfortable with.

ETS2Data Founder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.