Sync Weather And Add Storm Cells

ANTH888YA

Suggestion Name: Sync Weather In eu1

Suggestion Description: Sync weather in just eu1 but not us1 or eu2

Sync weather up with all players. If it's possible also make storm cells move around the map and sometimes dissipate away. And maybe a forecast can be added to the things to say on euro truck radio once a while. almost like traffic news but also having weather updates. The server will send a message automatically to the euro truck radio host telling him when the storm will hit and when it will start on in-game

Any example images: no

Why should it be added?: To add a little bit more realism to the multiplayer :) would be cool to see weather in spots when people drive into the storm and with the winter update coming maybe there could be snowstorms :D

ANTH888YA - Anthony

Ah ok cool :) what about the weather cells idea (I'm not sure if the game already does this or not. having weather cells around the map) but this would be a cool & a neat little feature for multiplayer if weather sync were to be added having places that are sunny and places that have a storm cell overhead. :)

ANTH888YA - Anthony

Why not US#1? US#1 AFAIK is EU#1 but for the americans. (Not like that matters)

Well I had the thought of the EU#1 server is usually the main server everyone goes on and US#1 or EU#2 or both could be the servers without weather so if no one really wants the weather to bother them EU#2 or US#1 could be the one to go on

ANTH888YA - Anthony

Ah ok cool :) what about the weather cells idea (I'm not sure if the game already does this or not. having weather cells around the map) but this would be a cool & a neat little feature for multiplayer if weather sync were to be added having places that are sunny and places that have a storm cell overhead. 

Not 100% sure but I think that the rain is just random in ets2 and the chance of rain can be increased with the slider. I dont think there are weather cells like in Flight Simulators. Adding those to mp can be very difficult if not completely impossible. It would be cool though. :)

• Upvote 1

You can turn off rain in options for now. Temporary fix, until weather gets synced.

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

Yeah I have rain off whenever there are convoys and other events but as of now hopefully they do sync weather in the future :)

I don't like rain in general. Now, snow showers... that is completely different story.

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

I thought of this to have rain off the rain probability must be all the way down. But to have rain on move the rain probability to the right anywhere and maybe it would or could sync weather with the server. basically if you don't want to see rain have it all the way lowered but if you want rain to be synced and have it move the slider anywhere to the right and maybe it could make the client sync weather that the server has :D

ANTH888YA - Anthony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11.1.2015 at 5:16 PM, konfig0 said:

Syncing wheater

...was done but people did not like it, hence why it got removed again.

Rejected.