Game stutters when loading new players

L2N_Pro

Question

9 answers to this question

A mixture of gpu, cpu and ram.

Make sure you have (ideally) 6 or more GB RAM to have some in reserve (this requires a 64 bit windows), since loading those players eats very much of the ram.

Make sure that your GPU can run with the settings you use, at most of the time with 40, better 50 or even more, frames per second.

And the CPU should have a high single core performance since the ets2 engine uses only 2 cores (you can see this in the log file in your ets2 directory/documents folder). So ideally a not that old i5 or i7 by intel or amd a or fx series.

When you enter Rotterdam or any other heavily populated areas, your computer will still stutter (tried it on mine, even low graphics settings don't bring much more fps).

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Decent GPU - minimum - 700 GTX series

RAM - Minimum 6 gb

CPU -  I5 - I7 with a minimum 2,5 - 3,2 frequency 

SSD - 120 gb that will contain windows + steam and ets2

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

It always happens to me, whenever a player comes near to me, the game has to load that person's details, Truck Model, paintjob, rims, configuration. This demands alot of resources from my CPU, RAM and probably my HDD as it is always loading something when a player comes within the rendering distance. 

Mauricelyw

Maurice

CEO & CMO

LKW Logistics Transportation

Got it to be a bit less noticable, by turning down the resolution of the mirrors a notch (really didn't notice a big difference going down from ultra)

Though, that only helps for trucks catching up. The others isn't a bother to me, but it is precent. And i use it to my advantage, because i get a bit of warning, since i don't use the player list up.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^Enabling "Quick Load (experimental)" in the MP options could reduce the lag

Yeah, that really helps. Especially on my computer, which you can view it's specs from my profile. I tried this on my laptop, and it was just crash after crash. So only use it if you have a high-end machine. Btw what does that even do? Does it reduce my lag, or other's lag?

Regards,

Aragon.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

I think it reduces both lags. Players are loaded earlier and therefore your game can preload some trucks/scenery instead of doing it all on one time which leads to less lag for others, since you do not lag that much.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!