Forbid Connecting on the Street

FSX-Fan2014

Suggestion Name: Forbid Connecting on the Street

Suggestion Description:

In the Reporting-section I reported a player who connected on the street right in front of the traffic lights and caused my friend to fly through the air and recieve 100% damage. The incident way archieved with the reason "It was not intentionally". Of course it was not intentionally, but this should not happen. Then you can also say overtaking at Europoort is ok, because it's not their intention to crash with others. They just want to get faster from A to B.

I think we should add this to the In-game rules that it's not allowed to connect on the street if there is a high risk of other players crashing due to this. If you stop on the sideway of a street or on the grass it's ok to connect there, but please not in the middle of the road. We have a similiar rule on flight simulation online networks: There you are absolutely not allowed to connect on a Taxiway or Runway.

Any example images: Here's a video: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/14986-ynwamax-spawning-on-the-street/
Why should it be added?:

It's just annoying when suddenly somebody connects in front of you or even inside you.

The solution is very simple: Just change the rules so it is not allowed to 'spawn' on the road.

If you get reported for spawning on the road, it should be a banable offense.

Ghost spawning is not the option, because then you take away the incentive to show correct behavior. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

There may be a better way.

Why not make someone no collision for the first 15 seconds after he logs in?

This way those collisions are not happening and there is no extra rule.

Admins cannot check this rule, it would be too much on their shoulders.

This sounds good and better! Better even if the driver log off on an other location.

The real solution is as @LeedsLad said, making trucks (and trailers, as we could handle the issues in company spawning) spawn with no-collission till they are out of other collission área (other truck/tráiler) and thats all.

In case this is hard to develope, the other solution is to make people ONLY connect in no-collission áreas, and I would say, to make it more realistic, only in service áreas, hotels, or gas stations. The issue is this should make some kind of auto-transport the trucks into those places (otherways it could just not allow anyone to connect unless the truck in the sabe-game loading is in those áreas...) and all this sounds hard to develop too, so I would go for first.

lkRjRkb.png

Ghost is still a bit hard. And as mentioned trolls can take advantage and ramm people.

My opinion is to have a specific command like /connect to make the player connect to server whenever they want, not immediately when they click DRIVE. If there are still trucks spawning on middle of road we can then define them intentionally blocking/ramming and give them penalty.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.