What is the reason for the few players in American Truck?

Hello, I open this discussion about this, mainly because it's a really good game. Besides being well-optimized and receiving updates just like Euro Truck, the low activity is very minimal within the TruckersMP servers. In my opinion, adding to what was mentioned before, I really enjoy it a lot. Besides being somewhat similar to Euro Truck, it feels totally different. Maybe the base map isn't the best, but the DLCs are very good. Also, organizing convoys with more people is a lot of fun, and I would like to know what you think about it. Do you believe it's an underrated game? Or do you have any theories or opinions about why some people might not play it?

• Like 1

@Jossッ Hey Big Faan :HaulieLove:
I wanted to explain my own thoughts and what the community thinks.

Positive aspects of Euro Truck Simulator 2

Larger map

Larger scale

More attractive

Great for European players

Expanding further

Too much dlc

Cheap

Negatives of Euro Truck Simulator 2

Less detail

The same things repeated

Bad graphics

Fewer features

DLC is expensive

Highway exits are poorly designed due to incorrect signage

Positive aspects of American Truck Simulator

More details

Better graphics

More Easter Eggs

More features

More materials will be added

Bots play more realistically

Police system

Downsides of American Truck Simulator

Fewer trucks

Smaller scale

Smaller map

Confusing speed limit placements and traffic lights

Poorly designed areas where the truck can get stuck (e.g. some gas stations)

Expensive

• Like 2

3RapOpo.png  

This is very interesting. Because ATS is for those who like to play games, enjoy the scenery, the details of the map and travel in a calmer area. In addition, the game has its target audience, which are the few people in the community who enjoy it.

ETS2, on the other hand, is that, something busier, with more people, even though SCS has been working on adding Map DLCs, which we don't want, what we want is new trucks, it was undoubtedly the game that became very popular and raised SCS name.

From another point of view, we have ATS, SCS darling, because everything is tested and gets there first, and on the other hand we have ETS, something more 'professional' from the games producer.

• Like 1

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

1. ETS2 is 10 times more popular than ATS

2. Mostly players are from Europe (including myself)

3. DLC prices are not that great (i own all DLCs in ETS)

4. High ping issues

5. Many roads to explore, large map unlike in ATS

6. Simple traffic rules

7. Exits to the road are much easier than most of them in ATS, which some of them are too narrow in ATS to fit with trucks with long trailers (which i've experienced most of times to get stuck).

8. ETS2 continues to expand

Dont get me wrong i love ATS along with ATS, but I'm still new at ATS, learning traffic rules, other things so i can't say much about ATS for now on, but personality i enjoy more on American countryside mostly in desert, also finding easter eggs, exploring map, etc.

• Like 1

CEO of Teapot Logistics International company from Hamburg's Kleiner Grasbrook hafen:

Who is Nina Cortex?
An antagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series. She is Neo Cortex's beloved niece (or daughter). She is a gothic girl with bionic hands made for grappling and crushing soft objects.

15 hours ago, Jossッ said:

...the low activity is very minimal within the TruckersMP servers...

The great thing is ETS2 is still rising up in its peak ever player count. 4 months ago it reached 69k concurrent players. ATS peaked at 19k which was when it released 8 years ago. It does look like ATS' player count is slowly on the rise, looking at the Steam Database charts, however I doubt it'll ever beat ETS2. As to why it never took off like ETS2 did, I don't know. Of course the TMP servers can only take from the pool of players who already own the game, and it'd only be a proportion at that. I do agree, it would be nice to see those servers fill up more, though

• Like 1

There are many factors for this.

(Modification): There are many more modifications for ETS2 than for ATS. These modifications make the game more realistic, more fun and more customizable.
(Trucks): ETS2 has more truck options than ATS.
(Map): ETS2's map is much bigger and more diverse than ATS. It covers many different countries in Europe and each country has its own unique landscape and roads. ATS currently only covers the United States.

(Community): Topluluk: ETS2'nin ATS'den daha büyük ve daha aktif bir topluluğu var.

Where the ATS is ahead:
The graphics and the landscapes are amazing.
The special loads are more beautiful.
It's calm and peaceful.

• Like 1

Prejudice, misinformation (read posts above), which contributes to smaller playerbase (ATS has about 6 to 4 times less sold copies worldwide), TMP contributes to sales with  sheep mentality, so if ATS is dead on TMP, which game would you choose to drive with lots of people?

I find it funny that smaller map should actually be advantage in regard to TMP, considering even base map in ETS2 servers is almsot lifeless outside few hotspots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

These have been the problems since 2016

• Lack of Trucks to play with. American Companies are harder to get a license from, unlike ETS 2.
  • A Paid Map. AZ, CA, & NV are the only free states of the base map.
  • No events. There aren't as many events hosted compared to ETS 2.

All of that, is what has killed ATS since. If you want population, you'll have to go to Vegas.

• Like 1

A lot of players don't play on ATS Truckers MP because... there's no one there. Nobody's interested in going to an empty place. We need to do a massive campaign or event to get people there. One of the major problems I see with this is the habit players have of playing ETS2. Then, there's another problem to deal with - the players' habit of driving on European roads in ETS 2.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.