When's the "New Moderation" actually taking effect?

September 1, 2023. The post made some valid points about how moderation was improving. February 8, 2024, 5 months later and all we've gotten is censorship. Game Moderators being a "new" role so they can't be attacked when an outcome is different then what someone wanted. To hiding the ban length both in game and on a banned person's profile so that no one can tell when their ban ends and hope they have learned from it and won't get another ban.

We believe that allowing our moderators to focus more of their time and resources towards being in-game brings a multitude of benefits, such as increased community interaction, visible presence and also the ability to utilize on-the-spot tools, such as teleporting or kicking a player, which can prevent or deal with incidents, without having to resort to banning a player.

This will begin with the maximum number of website reports a user can create being capped at ten. This is because we’ve found that this hits the balance between the need to report genuinely disruptive or inappropriate behavior, compared with misusing the system and reporting a multitude of trivial rule violations. Those who continue to make reports that do not meet the reporting rules will eventually be left in a situation where they may only create one report.

How odd. A ten report limit and the trivial rule violations are still causing the report system to be Heavy. Currently, it's Normal. A level that hasn't been seen in decades. However, it seems like those who have continued making bad reports must be back up to 10, no? Given that the system restores them in about 1 month or so.

image.png?ex=65d6e7ce&is=65c472ce&hm=5fe

We still intend to deal with those who cause serious issues in-game, that impacts upon players severely, with stringent moderation actions.

Ah yes. Waiting 30+ minutes for a Game Moderator to respond to a snowflake/troll who has blocked passage is dealing out "stringent moderation actions for those who cause serious issues that impacts players severely".

All i'm seeing is a lack of timezone coverage to ensure there's always an active mode from when busy hours start to when busy hours end.

• Upvote 2

As for in-game presence, i haven't noticed any big differences; the only time i noticed differences in in-game presence was at the beginning so the first month when this "direction" was published;

To date it seems to me to be the same as before; the only thing is that they have enrolled more report moderators recently because the report website system had a high load for so long

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I can agree with you on some points. Firstly, it's true that the presence of moderators in-game isn't always noticeable, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're inactive. Additionally, the implementation of a maximum report cap on the website seems to have helped reduce the volume of reports. At the time of writing this, the load on the report system appears to be low, which is something we haven't seen in a while.

It also appears that they have introduced a system to limit the maximum report cap for users with reports found to be invalid, while not perfect, although I think it's not very ideal, it does help lower the reports being submitted. (I am not certain about this so please correct me if I'm wrong)

Overall, I can't say whether the moderation team is performing well or not, but there's always room for improvement in any aspect.

Hello !

9 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

All i'm seeing is a lack of timezone coverage to ensure there's always an active mode from when busy hours start to when busy hours end.

For your information, the recruitment carried out two weeks ago indicated precisely two time zones specifies that the team is looking more than anything to fill this gap.

8 hours ago, _raffaele_ said:

As for in-game presence, i haven't noticed any big differences; the only time i noticed differences in in-game presence was at the beginning so the first month when this "direction" was published;

Obviously since the two past recruitments only concerned Report Moderators, but many between this period and today have become Game moderators, but don't forget that others have also left. Then know that Game moderators also have Web reports to process, appealbans for Web and In-Game bans issued, uploading their proof, etc..., it's also a lot of work even if they are not present on the game.

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.