Fixing Skoda's physics and wheels

Suggestion Name: Fixing Skoda's physics and wheels

Suggestion Description: It caught my attention that Skodas skid a lot and get out of control, so I decided to try the test called "Deer Test" on Ets 2. The situation looks a little bad. The vehicle can go out of control even at 60 km/h, which can lead to unwanted accidents.

Video link: 

Why it should be added: Even if drivers are careful, they can be banned due to vehicle physics. I request an improvement for this.

I wish everyone a good day!

Kind regards,

Samderali.

• Upvote 8

As a user who has driven Škoda, I agree with what you say. You have summarized this situation beautifully with the videos. It is almost impossible to get this out of control vehicle back under control, we need to go extremely slow for safe driving. But this is not possible for every road. It's also not an absolute solution. We can see this clearly in the video. Since players usually speed with this vehicle, it becomes even more dangerous. A better synchronization can be provided for the vehicle.

Hello, İ think this suggestion looks good
Yeah scout physics really not good but thats a truck game and scout have a truck physic, so why scout have a bad physic
but i hope truckersmp create own scout physic and all like it. :HaulieLove:

Can I help u ? (u can send me message)

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛ   ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʟ ʙᴀɴ  ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ

Do you people realize the car's about 7,5 tons overweight?

Yes, the car weighs over 9 tons, the engine specs are fake and actually way higher to allow that hunk be as fast as it is.

How do you think  all that can be magically fixed?

Don't you think if it could be made differently, they would have done that ages ago?

It's a friggin truck in disguise, not a car, keep that in mind and drive it like a truck.

You can try same stunts in a truck with the same results and get banned as well.

Will you request "fixing" truck physics as well, because they skid a lot?

• True Story 1

On 1/1/2024 at 6:57 PM, Sunstrider said:

The vehicle has been more improved since it was released in 2016. Where high speeds and sudden turns can send it flying and flipping. Which was a nightmare with the 2016 snow mod.

But yes, the vehicle needs to be better balanced and maybe, it can restore my faith in this troll vehicle.

Yes, the change of the vehicle over the years is incredible. As you said, the vehicle needs to be developed further in order to break the troll

13 hours ago, Jeremy0411 said:

This is a impossible suggestion

vehicle phenomenon in the community.

Can you explain a bit why you think it's impossible?

On 1/7/2024 at 9:31 AM, 'MaRtY said:

Yes, the change of the vehicle over the years is incredible. As you said, the vehicle needs to be developed further in order to break the troll

vehicle phenomenon in the community.

You should know that this is a truck game, its game physics engine is for trucks, not small cars, even if you try to change it, its physical characteristics can not be changed perfectly

Polestar Logistics drivers | Safely drive over 1,000,000 km

Languages: English, Chinese

Nobody expects perfect physics from these cars for a truck game. The author doesn't want a perfect car either. He just wants a more optimized vehicle. Everyone knows that a truck will not perfectly transform into a car, so there is no point in repeating this over and over again. My thanks to Samderali for trying to get the necessary action taken. 🙂👍

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:31 AM, 'MaRtY said:

Beacuse physics engine was made to simulate trucks with absolutely no regard to cars.

If you use physics mods to make the car more realistic, these mods will also affect any other drivable vehicle.

If a modder wants to put a car in the game without affecting trucks, they are limited to work with the physics engine and set up parameters of their vehicle to resemble a car as best as possible. As a result, this car will have a number of problems that can't be resolved (unless SCS changes the physics engine) including having a truck-like weight, truck-like fuel consumption and truck-like suspension and handling (the only difference is the car has FWD configuration).

To pass the moose test (it's what the actual nickname is, not deer test) the fully loaded vehicle must enter at minimum speed of 72km/h, and the test is performed in dry condition, never in rain.

The record 85km/h held by Citroën Xantia Activa (a car without any ESC but really great suspension) since 1999 may not be completely valid, because the ISO standard has changed the test since then - it is narrower and shorter.

Many modern cars still fail though, including Škoda. I think TMP has done a great job, far better than any other car mod, the only thing I can think of is that ESC on the car doesn't work at all or only poorly (becasue of that massive weight), because when comparing the video to real thing, it looked quite realistic (note the car in the test is hybrid at around 1900kg, the car in the game should be around 1450kg but is actually around 9000kg):

So, when looking at the real test, people undoubtedly expect way too much. Their only experience comes from playing games with cars that are either some sort of racing game or something akin to GTA V, without any idea about what you can and can't or shouldn't do with real car. It's all about poor judgement and keyboard controls are another factor.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The maneuvering control of the vehicle has been tested in real life by different people at different times, for example: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PYKWwIhiR0A

I think the reason why the maneuverability of the vehicle in the game is difficult is not related to the game physics but to vehicle acceleration.

All kinds of vehicles have been adapted to this game in the Steam workshop and other forums. Skodas can be a good vehicle if they are worked on.

Skoda definitely needs to be improved, but I think all of these problems stem from the player and keyboard control. In my opinion, many reasons such as entering corners quickly, improper overtaking, and sudden use of brakes come to the fore. I have seen very few people driving a Skoda who can drive between two lanes. In short, I agree that Skoda definitely needs to be regulated, but I think 90% of the problems that arise are caused by the player.

• Like 1