solve a math problem for account deactivation? WTF??

Guest Hamburger Jung

Guest Hamburger Jung

actually i just wanted to delete my account and all is well but this is so stupid that i have to comment on it.  do i have to solve a math problem to delete my account? As if the guy who hacked my account can't use a calculator 🤣🤣  that's just stupid...

thanks for the attention

I don't really see what's up for discussion here. If someone has hacked your account, you can log in and delete their session, which will log them out. Afterward, enable two-factor authentication (2FA), and you should be okay. If your issue is with the apparent ease of account deletion, I suggest you make a suggestion for how it could be improved. 

sessions.png.64746bd0575cf5d10d347d47399850ae.png

Guest Hamburger Jung
1 hour ago, Bеаn said:

I don't really see what's up for discussion here. If someone has hacked your account, you can log in and delete their session, which will log them out. Afterward, enable two-factor authentication (2FA), and you should be okay. If your issue is with the apparent ease of account deletion, I suggest you make a suggestion for how it could be improved. 

sessions.png.64746bd0575cf5d10d347d47399850ae.png

you don't understand why i did it. why do i have to solve a math problem before i can delete myself? especially since this task has nothing to do with account protection. but anyway... i just find it funny and stupid 

9 hours ago, Guest Hamburger Jung said:

you don't understand why i did it. why do i have to solve a math problem before i can delete myself? especially since this task has nothing to do with account protection. but anyway... i just find it funny and stupid 

I don't understand why you think this is worthy of discussion, correct. However, having to solve a puzzle is indeed a security measure. I'd assume it's to ensure it's actually a human trying to delete the account, and second, to give you a barrier to actually proceeding with deletion. If you have to solve a puzzle before your account is deleted, it prevents people mis-clicking and that one click instantly deleting their account. It's also probably to slow people like hackers down. Just for clarity, as I don't fancy testing it myself, was it TruckersMP asking you to solve the puzzle or a third-party like Cloudflare? I'm thinking that maybe you triggered some kind of Cloudflare challenge.

• Upvote 1

Thats why.....

Are you sure you want to delete your Account? Yes!

Are you really really sure you want to delete your Account and lose all Progress? Yes!

Are you really really sure you want to delete your Account, please mark the Checkbox?! YES and marked!

If you are really sure that want delete your Account, fill out this Capture and mark all Pictures with Bridges! *click.....click.......click.....click*

To confirm that you want to delete your Account, write the Number 1234563 and mark all pictures with Boats! 1234563 *click....click....click....clickclickiclkcickccc*!

Congratulations, you have successfull deleted your Account, have a nice Day!

10 Minutes Later!

Thank you for open a Support Ticket, Please describe your Problem!  " I have deleted my Account by Accident!"

• Haha 1
  • Awesome! 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator

Report a User | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Support System | Knowledge Base | Event Request | Rules | Event Rules | Meet the Team | Join the Team