ATS trucks in ETS 2 server.

Turgineer

Suggestion Name: ATS trucks in ETS 2 server.

Suggestion Description: ATS trucks must be able to be driven in ETS 2 server. I don't know how technically possible this is.

In the past, truck parts and trailers with DLC were not visible to players with no DLC and this has now been fixed. If this is possible, I think it should be possible for people have ATS to drive their ATS trucks and trailers on the ETS 2 servers. I think there was a mod like this:

Any example images: No.

Why it should be added: This would be nice to add because it's fun to see more types of trucks!

• Upvote 1

Turgineer

This would be too complicated for TMP to add for the following reasons:

1. SCS has 2 different games. Each with their own brands and trucks.
  2. Both games will not share the same trucks or brands. As that requires additional licenses. Or, SCS can face the legal trouble they did for 18 Wheels of Steel.
    > What i mean by the same trucks and brands. You won't find Freightliner or Western Star in ETS 2. Nor, will you find Scania in ATS. Brands like Volvo share both games. ETS 2 has FH model while ATS has VNL.
  3. Say SCS did proceed with it and got everything on the same level, it would still require extra work to make sure all customizable parts work with the other game's trucks and associated DLC's.
  4. The same process would have to occur for the trailers. Krone & Tresan don't operate outside of Europe. I think it's PACCAR for America (correct me if i'm wrong on that).
  5. ATS' Trucks have smaller room and the trailers are way longer. Resulting in more wider turns. Throw this in with CD and it makes the problem 100% worse.

This is a suggestion for SCS really as both games are their products.

• Like 1

Technically speaking, it isn't really a viable thing to do.

It's a bit of a gray zone when it comes to the legality of using assets from one game in another game if the player owns both, but what about when a player only owns ETS2 and sees someone driving a truck from ATS?

I can't imagine SCS or the companies that own the trademarks to these trucks would be super willing to allow TruckersMP to do that.

On the other side, yes its technically possible to do (which is why mods that do this in singleplayer exist) but requires time consuming work if you want the trucks to work properly with every single update SCS may do to the trucks in ATS and theoretically some updates to ETS2 would break them aswell.

• Like 1

24H4oa0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...