Allow the ability for any report moderators to read appeals rather than the mod who issues the ban.

Ethan pickle

As it currently stands, when a ban is issued the moderator who issued the ban is the moderator who also reads the appeal. I feel like with this system it can be very biased as the moderator may just decline the appeal even though the ban may be a false one. Allowing the ability for any report moderators to read the appeal will remove any form of unfair moderation on appeals.

• Upvote 1

Hello, first of all, I wish you a good evening. 

• There is a Feedback System to prevent the situation you mentioned from occurring. If you think that the penalty was imposed unfairly and your objection is rejected, you can use this system.

I hope what I wrote helped and your problem was solved. If you need help you can contact me!

Good Evening,

Kind regards,

Samderali.

Hi @Ethan pickle,

I appreciate that you have concerns regarding this system however, I'd like to provide you a better insight into how we would deal with an appeal.

We review the user's explanation, then review the evidence and provide a response based upon the review outcome. If upon reviewing the evidence we realise that we have made a mistake, we are happy to amend the punishment and allow the user back in-game; it's not a case of being biased as we have to ensure we are only issuing punishments if they are valid. We recognise our mistakes and are happy to learn from them.

As mentioned above, if you feel that after your appeal has been dealt with and the outcome is still not correct in your view, then you have the right to create a feedback ticket for a further review. You can create feedback tickets here.

To gain additional information regarding the ban appeal system, I recommend taking a read of our [how to use the Ban Appeal System & FAQ](https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1).

Many thanks,

Donii.

12 hours ago, Donii. said:

Hi @Ethan pickle,

I appreciate that you have concerns regarding this system however, I'd like to provide you a better insight into how we would deal with an appeal.

We review the user's explanation, then review the evidence and provide a response based upon the review outcome. If upon reviewing the evidence we realise that we have made a mistake, we are happy to amend the punishment and allow the user back in-game; it's not a case of being biased as we have to ensure we are only issuing punishments if they are valid. We recognise our mistakes and are happy to learn from them.

As mentioned above, if you feel that after your appeal has been dealt with and the outcome is still not correct in your view, then you have the right to create a feedback ticket for a further review. You can create feedback tickets here.

To gain additional information regarding the ban appeal system, I recommend taking a read of our [how to use the Ban Appeal System & FAQ](https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1).

Many thanks,

Donii.

Having the same moderator who issued the punishment also decide on the ban appeal could introduce a potential bias in the process.

This is because the original moderator might have a personal stake in upholding their initial decision, which could influence his/ her judgment during the appeal process.

Even if the moderator genuinely believes in the correctness of his/ her initial decision, his/ herr involvement in both stages creates a situation where his/ her objectivity may be compromised.

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Having the same moderator who issued the punishment also decide on the ban appeal could introduce a potential bias in the process.

This is because the original moderator might have a personal stake in upholding their initial decision, which could influence his/ her judgment during the appeal process.

Even if the moderator genuinely believes in the correctness of his/ her initial decision, his/ herr involvement in both stages creates a situation where his/ her objectivity may be compromised.

This, and i know theres some out there who are like that. some people like to get too friendly with mods for these reasons.