Adjust the physics model of passenger vehicles to the settings of their real world counterpart

Interstate Nomad

Suggestion Name:

Adjust the physics model of passenger vehicles to the settings of their real world counterpart

Suggestion Description:

Adjust the physics model of passenger vehicles to the settings of their real world counterpart.

In particular, change it's power to weight ratio and drastically increase the damage it receives when colliding with heavier vehicles, like trucks.

Any example images:

n/a

Why should it be added?:

At present, passenger vehicles are a tweaked truck model, which makes it the preferred choice of reckless players to cause mayhem and destruction.

The result is a negative and unrealistic game experience.

Adjusting the passenger vehicle's physics model to a realistic one will improve its usage and lead to a better game expierence.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

agree but its probably scs related... dont know if tmp team can do something about it

Can be easily made by Local Modding and be added as a Mod to TruckersMP! Your are able to modify any Driving, Cargo and Vehicle Stats by Modding.

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

6 hours ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

agree but its probably scs related... dont know if tmp team can do something about it

There are no drivable cars in ETS2 or ATS, so I can't see how this suggestion could be SCS related. The Scout and the alternating vehicles are done and maintained by TruckersMP staff, it's up to them to tweak these vehicles as deemed necessary.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

here are no drivable cars in ETS2 or ATS

That exactly, since there are no driveable cars programmed in the game, the real car physics are maybe not even possible to simulate within the game engine's limits, which is made for trucks solely.

The way all these car mods work is maybe just workaround that is only possible method of bringing cars in the game at the moment.

Until SCS does bring drivable vehicles other than trucks in the game (which there have been hints in their streams and blogs a number of times), there is probably nothing modders can do about it, until they are given tools by SCS.

And for anyone thinking, no AI cars don't have physics, they are props on rails.

• True Story 1

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

There are no drivable cars in ETS2 or ATS, so I can't see how this suggestion could be SCS related. The Scout and the alternating vehicles are done and maintained by TruckersMP staff, it's up to them to tweak these vehicles as deemed necessary.

yeah idk... i just think if its possible tmp would have done it ages ago... i tried driving the skoda with the steering wheel and it feels just weird and since its a popular vehicle between the admins too makes me wonder if tmp can do something about it? on the other hand tmp tends to do weird things yk? of course scs wont do anything related to cars but i can imagine that they are the only one who got the tools for it to make it as realistic as possible

• Like 1