Menu to view your in-game reports + ability to delete reports

TimeTimes

Suggestion Name: Menu to view your in-game reports + ability to delete reports

Suggestion Description: A menu where the user can view all in-game reports they have made in their current session. This will also add the ability to delete a created report which has not been claimed by a moderator yet.

Any example images:

rvldxxR.png

Menu information:

Pressing the red ‘!’ next to the TFM button, will open a separate menu showing all in-game reports the user has made in their current session. This menu can be freely resized.

If the user relogs, all items in the list will be removed.

Clicking a row will highlight it in yellow in the same way as the tab menu.

All information in a row is taken from the time at which the report was created. (Except the status)

The time shows the time in UTC.

The User ID shows the TruckersMP ID of the reported user.

The status can show 5 different statuses;

• Timed out

The report was in the system for too long and has been timed out. No moderator claimed it and no action was taken.

• Action taken

A moderator claimed the report and has taken action against the reported user.

• No action taken

A moderator claimed the report, but has not taken action against the reported user.

• Under review

A moderator claimed the report and is currently reviewing it.

• Pending

The report is still in the system and waiting for review.

The user can also delete their report by clicking the trash can next to it. Depending on the status of the report, this will have different effects.

• If the report status is either "Timed out", "Action taken" or "No action taken" deleting the report will only delete it from the list, since it has already been deleted from the system.
  • If the report status is "Under review" the report CANNOT be deleted and the trash can will be greyed out.
  • If the report status is "Pending" clicking the trash can will open a popup asking the user to confirm the deletion of their report. If the user presses yes, the report will be deleted from both the system and their report menu.

Why should it be added?:

There are a couple of reasons why this could be useful.

Firstly, a menu like this would make it much easier to check the status of any report a user has made in-game in their session. This would be especially true if they created many of them.

Instead of having to look at chat for the message saying a report was handled or timed out, the user could check the menu and view all their reports at once. Moreover, if they’re in a busy area where chat is going fast, or if they’re not looking at chat, they might miss this message.

Secondly, the various elements in the menu would make creating a web report easier as well. The time shown will remind the user when the incident occurred, as this can be an easy thing to forget and can lead to guess work in the web report. The shown User ID also removes the need to look up the player via their username to get their ID. This is especially useful in cases where a username has special characters, which are difficult to look up on the site.

Lastly, having the ability to delete a pending report makes it possible to remove accidental reports. Sometimes it happens that a user may click the wrong name in the tab menu and accidentally reports the wrong player. Moreover, it can happen that players get into an accident and report each other immediately, but then regret it a bit later, as they realize it was only an accident and not intentional. Or perhaps it was just a minor incident which they feel didn’t deserve a report. As a result of this, moderators won’t have to look at these small incidents or false reports. This means they can spend more time reviewing reports where action would be taken, rather then these accidental reports where nothing happens.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

Hello there, @TimeTimes

It's seems really cool, in case it was accepted, there would be also good to add in-game demo, that player can replay for report evidence. 🙂 

Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Honest Question, despite the Effort which this Suggestion made! But, me as a Player, am i here to Play a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation or am i here to Report trolling Players and to Manage my personal List of Reports that i made?

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Just now, You are not at Home said:

Honest Question, despite the Effort which this Suggestion made! But, me as a Player, am i here to Play a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation or am i here to Report trolling Players and to Manage my personal List of Reports that i made?

No one forces you to use that feature if you don't like it. It sounds like you want people to not get banned at all, since that ruins your view of "Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation".

Of Course, People who violating the Rules should be punished, but who am i to make the decision who should be punished or not after i made a report? If i am convinced that another Player have violate a Rule then i reporting him.

What happen then belongs to the Moderator who claiming the Report, in the rare Case that my Report will be claimed In-Game, but this is another Story. If my Report is not claimed In-Game, i can make a Web Report and Decide later to delete a Report in Case i reported the wrong Person. In-Game, my Report ability is Limitless, i can only report One Player one Time.

At peak Times, there are Hundreds of Reports In-Game, within a short Period of Time, imagine what happen to the Report Queue when 85 People starting to "manage" their Reports! If i would be a Troll and have this Option, i would abuse the Report-Managing Tool and Spam the System with Reports and delete them! 😄

In my Opinion the needed Ressources, to create, Implement and manage such Tool for the individual Player, should better be used to make the main Gameplay of TruckersMP more interesting. As Example, what could be possible,  the current WOT Events by SCS, it is a very nice Experience to drive in the WOT Event Area and meet People who enjoying the Driving there too. And in 4 Weeks of Playing this Event, there was no need to create a Web Report!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

I do like this idea, hope this is possible to implement. 

2 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

It's seems really cool, in case it was accepted, there would be also good to add in-game demo, that player can replay for report evidence

I don't really think this is needed. Seeing the status of the report may be nice, yet, I don't think that many people would sit somewhere and watch thier demos of what happened. 

• True Story 1

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

3 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hello there, @TimeTimes

It's seems really cool, in case it was accepted, there would be also good to add in-game demo, that player can replay for report evidence. 🙂 

Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 

It isn't needed to let players see demos. All this would make people act and feel as a moderator when the point here is trying to report and get the user banned. 

If you are recording and someone breaks the rules, you are already able to record and make a report. If you report in-game, a moderator will see the demo and have more context of what happened. 

In case no one noticed the report in-game and it expired but you still make a web report and he/she gets banned, then on the appeal the user will provide counter-evidence if needed. 

Now, speaking of the original suggestion. I like it and that's why i reacted to it, although i don't think it's needed either as you already can see messages from the system letting you know if a report is being deal with, if it was rejected and/or if action was taken. 

Personally, i'd let Developers work in more useful things such as AI or other things that could improve the game experience instead of spending time in something that will not be really relevant considering that there's something already implemented that lets you know what happaned to your report.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

TruckersMP Rules - Appeal System - Report System - Feedback System

I like this idea. But as the moderator said above, it's better for developers to do more important things. Therefore, it would be better to add a command that will display reports for the current session of your game. The functionality is the same, but the implementation is simpler.

Hidara
Veteran Driver VIII | spacer.png
TruckersMP ID: 751173
Languages: Russian, English, Japanese.

• TimeTimes changed the title to Menu to view your in-game reports + ability to delete reports