Real Police officers

тoυιjєя

Suggestion Name:  Real police officers

Suggestion Description: It would be more realistic and nice if mods drove their police cars in real time to patrol and when they see an infringement they pull the truck/Skoda over like in real life and if it’s serious they issue the ticket which is ban or kick, if there was a lot of mods on roads they’ll enjoy their work and we’ll have less trolls on the road

Why should it be added?: It will make the job more fun for moderators, it will be a more realistic experience and nice for drivers and also at the same time decrease mischiefs in the road and have a smoother driving experience for everyone 

• тoυιjєя changed the title to Real Police officers
4 hours ago, User_5253131 said:

Suggestion Description: It would be more realistic and nice if mods drove their police cars in real time to patrol and when they see an infringement they pull the truck/Skoda over like in real life and if it’s serious they issue the ticket which is ban or kick, if there was a lot of mods on roads they’ll enjoy their work and we’ll have less trolls on the road

Why should it be added?: It will make the job more fun for moderators, it will be a more realistic experience and nice for drivers and also at the same time decrease mischiefs in the road and have a smoother driving experience for everyone 

The issue with this, is trolls are never going to pull over for a police car. If anything, they'll just send the moderator's car into the stratosphere.

Moreover, if moderators gave out punishments in this way, it would be very inefficient. Dealing with a rule breaker would take up a lot more time, meaning less reports could be dealt with.

However, during the 'Real Operations' events, a moderator in a police car does sometimes pull a player over. This is not to dish out a punishment though, but merely for the realism factor.

• Upvote 2

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

22 minutes ago, TimeTimes said:

The issue with this, is trolls are never going to pull over for a police car. If anything, they'll just send the moderator's car into the stratosphere.

Mods would still have their tool that kicks or bans so if one doesn’t want to pull over he gets banned instead

22 minutes ago, TimeTimes said:

Moreover, if moderators gave out punishments in this way, it would be very inefficient. Dealing with a rule breaker would take up a lot more time, meaning less reports could be dealt with.

You can have moderators dealing with reports and others patrolling on duty. It won’t be hard to recruit new police officers anyways as like I said it’s a fun task

4 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

Mods do Patrol if they choose to. Or just make their presence known.

I know but that’s because they want to. It needs to be its own role where you have officers that their only duty is patrolling. I’m not saying get rid of what mods are doing right now and revamp the system, absolutely not. Mods keep their duty and you have a new faction that only patrols while having same tools as moderators to ban and kick.

Unfortunately, I feel like that would just take too much time when you consider the amount of drivers moderators have to actually look over. Don’t get me wrong that are moderators who will actually do police car Sessions (seen it on youtube) but it is just not feasible to do that all the time, especially based on the amount of in-game reports they get. 

You’ve got to remember the amount of people that complain about not enough moderators in game, if you think logically that mod then has to actually drive specific routes, pull people over, explain why they’ve been pulled over, But it could be a busy area, so it’s not as simple as pulling someone over the moderator has to get through traffic. In this time that moderator could’ve possibly reviewed lets say 5 in-game reports. 

also, you have got moderators who don’t wish to be seen, more undercover to catch drivers out. 

8 hours ago, User_5253131 said:

\Mods keep their duty and you have a new faction that only patrols while having same tools as moderators to ban and kick.

That would be reported as impersonation. Nobody is granted access to mod tools just to issue bans and kicks. As others have said, it's time consuming. It's already chaos during prime hours. There's hardly any staff online to keep up with the crimes.

IRL, cities have a good population. And the surrounding police force is enough to deal with most crimes any given day. TMP However, has more players then active staff.

Another difference: IRL and in any population group most people "play by the rules" and there's only a small number of rule breakers, in comparison.

TruckersMP's population is not like that, and the C-D area in TruckersMP is the exact opposite of that.

You would need such amount of "police officers" that the traffic would probably become twice as much as it is now. Situation would become even worse. And many of the offenders would just see it as a new GTA experience in TMP, let's escape from the law...

I can't stop being amazed with the amount of "suggestions" that try to improve a place in TruckersMP that most players don't want to have improved. It's been said many times: If TMP decided to "erase" the C-D road from the map, the problems there would not be solved. They'd just be moved to some other road in the map. And then what? Another lot of suggestions to "improve" that new area? When the solution has already been provided, even by staff members? "If you don't like how things are there, drive somewhere else".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Another difference: IRL and in any population group most people "play by the rules" and there's only a small number of rule breakers, in comparison.

TruckersMP's population is not like that, and the C-D area in TruckersMP is the exact opposite of that.

You would need such amount of "police officers" that the traffic would probably become twice as much as it is now. Situation would become even worse. And many of the offenders would just see it as a new GTA experience in TMP, let's escape from the law...

I can't stop being amazed with the amount of "suggestions" that try to improve a place in TruckersMP that most players don't want to have improved. It's been said many times: If TMP decided to "erase" the C-D road from the map, the problems there would not be solved. They'd just be moved to some other road in the map. And then what? Another lot of suggestions to "improve" that new area? When the solution has already been provided, even by staff members? "If you don't like how things are there, drive somewhere else".

I hear what your saying mate I'm with you 100% on that it all comes down to small number of rule breakers come in to be rude or not care or be bored and have nothing else to do so they come and make others day feel like hell the way they feel trolls and rude people will never go away but we can keep it under control to the best we can if you have the right people in the team that stand by rules and respect and here for the players. Respect and here for the players also most players who cry out that there are more players on then Truckermp staff they are around reports on website maybe delayed by a day or week or month they have a life just like us I am a carer in a nursing home just I have more time off then most of them but that is not the point I am trying to get at until you take up some role of being a team member on their side we cannot judge. 

8 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

That would be reported as impersonation. Nobody is granted access to mod tools just to issue bans and kicks. As others have said, it's time consuming. It's already chaos during prime hours. There's hardly any staff online to keep up with the crimes.

IRL, cities have a good population. And the surrounding police force is enough to deal with most crimes any given day. TMP However, has more players then active staff.

What impersonation man. It would still be ADMINS

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 3:36 PM, тoυιjєя said:

I agree that more variety on the road increases realism.

But let's think for a moment where most the players hang out...

... exactly.

Now add a visible and audible distraction to it and ta-daa - more chaos caused (yes, I'm looking at the players with the attention span of a fruit fly).

• Upvote 1