What are your stability and stiffness settings for a more realistic experience?

Interstate Nomad

Hello there, @blabberbeak

First of all, thanks for creating thus topic. 

In case make your game more realistic I use this: 

- Decreased stabillity of Truck 

- Decreased stabillity of Trailer

- Use reshade (Keep in mind it might decrease your FPS) 

Then I use some external softwares like VTC World, Trucky. 

I recommend you to try the reshade it's amazing.

Kind Regards, 

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker Veteran Driver IV I MCG Expert Driver 🚛

• Thanks 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

I would trust the "best answer" in the first post you linked, from Steam Community. It comes from a real truck driver who clearly knows how it feels to drive a truck and has worked through the game settings to make the simulation feel the closest possible to reality. But I find those settings a bit "extreme". So I just go with 0.0 in stability, suspension stiffness and braking intensity. Other than just some "new" truck in ATS, I don't like using mods, so I can't tell about any of them. Regarding graphics, the same can be said, I use max values in the graphics options in the game and that's good enough for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I would trust the "best answer" in the first post you linked, from Steam Community. It comes from a real truck driver who clearly knows how it feels to drive a truck and has worked through the game settings to make the simulation feel the closest possible to reality.

I wouldn't, because that post is 4 and a half year old when the 1.35 version came out.

The game changed a bit since then and the physics too, the default and maximum values of some settings (namely stability) changed as well.

Don't know about you, but for me the trucks feel much less stable today than back then, even at maximum settings.

Tested the setting from first link and they turn your truck to jelly with just a little bit too sudden change of direction, I wouldn't recommend those, or even any negative values.

These are my preferred physics related settings:

uset g_cabin_suspension_stiffness "0.2" (20%)
uset g_suspension_stiffness "0.2"  (20%)
uset g_trailer_stability "0.125" (25%)
uset g_driveshaft_torque "0.3" (30%)
uset g_truck_stability "0.125" (25%)

uset g_camera_horizon_lock "0" (0%)
uset g_cam_physics_value "2" (200%)
uset g_cam_physics "2" (enabled)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Granite [SVK] said:

I wouldn't, because that post is 4 and a half year old when the 1.35 version came out.

The game changed a bit since then and the physics too, the default and maximum values of some settings (namely stability) changed as well.

Don't know about you, but for me the trucks feel much less stable today than back then, even at maximum settings.

Tested the setting from first link and they turn your truck to jelly with just a little bit too sudden change of direction, I wouldn't recommend those, or even any negative values.

uset g_cabin_suspension_stiffness "0.2"
uset g_suspension_stiffness "0.2"
uset g_trailer_stability "0.125"
uset g_driveshaft_torque "0.3"
uset g_truck_stability "0.125"

uset g_camera_horizon_lock "0"
uset g_cam_physics_value "2"
uset g_cam_physics "2"

I think I will try urs..

Nice way of putting it 

Straight from the source ( config.cfg )

17 hours ago, Granite [SVK] said:

uset g_cabin_suspension_stiffness "0.2" (20%)
uset g_suspension_stiffness "0.2"  (20%)
uset g_trailer_stability "0.125" (25%)
uset g_driveshaft_torque "0.3" (30%)
uset g_truck_stability "0.125" (25%)

uset g_camera_horizon_lock "0" (0%)
uset g_cam_physics_value "2" (200%)
uset g_cam_physics "2" (enabled)

Thank you for noticing and bringing it to my attention, I really had missed that detail.

Regarding the settings, I'll have to check, because I remember setting those values of 0.0 long ago but I don't remember "re-visiting" them later and I never felt the truck going too soft, it's true that I haven't almost played for months, but last time I did, the game version was higher than 1.35, that's for sure. My only guess is that the config file was changed/updated when the game's physics did, to "adapt" the values to the new ranges.

• Upvote 1

I am trying those stability settings from the Steam post on my single player profile.

It is insane.

I have been playing ETS for over 10 years & I had to recover twice before even left the departure town. 

Shows how tight the 'normal' corners are at ETS's scale. A normal curve you did at 70 you now have to do at 40. Sometimes 20 is too fast.

Gamechanger. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator