Service garages on main roads

Shoval

Suggestion Name: Placing service garages on main roads

Suggestion Description:  We perform long jobs that last many hours. During these jobs, we travel between many roads, including main roads, and there is no city nearby where we can stop to repair the truck if it suffers any damage during the job.

The idea is to place a number of service garages at gas stations and large sleeping stations (so that it will not be a problem of congestion and/or space) on main roads.

Any example images: -Imagine the red icon at a gas station / sleeping on a main road-

Why should it be added?: As I wrote above, if I now do a 32-hour job, most of the time I don't enter urban areas at all, but only drive on main roads, and I don't want to spend 3,000 euros to teleport to a repair station (which, by the way, will probably extend my job by a few hours and send me back ). There is no reason for me to continue driving with X amount of damage to my truck for 12 hours left in my job and endanger other drivers when I can make a small stop that won't cost me significantly in hours and money, repair the damage quickly, fill up on gas and get some sleep on the way and continue driving normally direct. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

If i recall, there are no mechanic services off a main highway. Even in ATS. They are found in towns, because of the population. I've even tried looking around in Google Maps.

Can you show me an IRL location that has a mechanic service off a main highway.

I understand your comparison to real life because the game is supposed to reflect in the most "real" way what is close to reality.
At the same time, we also need to look at the platform and what it allows and if it allows us as players to receive a repair service in common areas that are not necessarily in the middle of a city - why don't we use it?

If in real life there was a law for truck drivers in Europe and the USA to drive only 35 km/h - does that mean that in TruckersMP we have to limit the entire game to 35 km/h because it should be the closest to reality? This is just an example...
But what I'm trying to say is that you also need to look at the comfort of the players and in my personal opinion it would be very convenient for me if I could fix my truck on a main road (which is significantly one of the active roads in the game) instead of driving back two and a half hours to a city I've already passed.

1 hour ago, Shoval said:

I understand your comparison to real life because the game is supposed to reflect in the most "real" way what is close to reality.
At the same time, we also need to look at the platform and what it allows and if it allows us as players to receive a repair service in common areas that are not necessarily in the middle of a city - why don't we use it?

If in real life there was a law for truck drivers in Europe and the USA to drive only 35 km/h - does that mean that in TruckersMP we have to limit the entire game to 35 km/h because it should be the closest to reality? This is just an example...
But what I'm trying to say is that you also need to look at the comfort of the players and in my personal opinion it would be very convenient for me if I could fix my truck on a main road (which is significantly one of the active roads in the game) instead of driving back two and a half hours to a city I've already passed.

They added /fix for a reason, despite it's 10 minute cooldown.

The whole point of this mp mod was to allow players to experience trucking with friends. Which is a simulation because it's based on realism. It's called a speed limit for a reason. IRL, there are consequences.

IRL, disabled motorists call a mechanic, a friend, or the police to come assist.

You also have to see it from a gameplay POV. While adding more repair shops closes the teleportation gap, it's also grounds for being abusable. Especially in 2 certain areas that we all know of. Plus, if the community wanted to support you, they would be showing it. I typically check the forums daily. Like i said, show me proof that there's repair stations off main highways. Also, it comes down to whether or not staff care enough to use this. Which i doubt they will because it has no benefit to the overall community whatsoever. Just a tiny handful. Like why they haven't revamped Calais or added change Kirkenes quarry road into a one way system with another road. Because both will have a negative impact on the community. Which are super easy tasks for the add on team.

14 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

They added /fix for a reason, despite it's 10 minute cooldown.

The whole point of this mp mod was to allow players to experience trucking with friends. Which is a simulation because it's based on realism. It's called a speed limit for a reason. IRL, there are consequences.

IRL, disabled motorists call a mechanic, a friend, or the police to come assist.

You also have to see it from a gameplay POV. While adding more repair shops closes the teleportation gap, it's also grounds for being abusable. Especially in 2 certain areas that we all know of. Plus, if the community wanted to support you, they would be showing it. I typically check the forums daily. Like i said, show me proof that there's repair stations off main highways. Also, it comes down to whether or not staff care enough to use this. Which i doubt they will because it has no benefit to the overall community whatsoever. Just a tiny handful. Like why they haven't revamped Calais or added change Kirkenes quarry road into a one way system with another road. Because both will have a negative impact on the community. Which are super easy tasks for the add on team.

5 hours ago, TheHassanWael said:

Like @Somehow Lucky said, the game is built to be as realistic as possible!
I've also never seen mechanics over on the highway.

Thank you for writing your honest opinion on this topic.
As I have already written, I understand the comparison to reality and I assumed that this is what may lead to the rejection of this idea.
Either way, the platform is more than good and sometimes it's really better to stay as close to reality as possible and not spread out to other places that might ruin people's gaming experience 🙂

26 minutes ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

In Portugal there are some Service Stations on highways or in country roads that have minimal services they do .....

I also searched on Google maps for all kinds of repair garages throughout Europe and the USA and did not find anything, but if you say so, I assume you are right and it was probably missed.
It's nice to know that my idea is not completely far from reality 🫠

21 hours ago, Shoval said:

If in real life there was a law for truck drivers in Europe and the USA to drive only 35 km/h - does that mean that in TruckersMP we have to limit the entire game to 35 km/h because it should be the closest to reality?

This rule is already applied in §2 - Game only rules:

Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS.

While the local speed limit isn't enforced by the server, it has to be followed according to the above quote.

• True Story 1

The suggestion is good, but I believe it will deviate a little from the simulation (of the game's proposal). At TMP you can give the command '/fix' to fix the truck, and you don't even need to be in a workshop, just with a trailer attached. It's every 5 minutes, but it's an alternative.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

On 9/14/2023 at 12:15 PM, Shoval said:

I also searched on Google maps for all kinds of repair garages throughout Europe and the USA and did not find anything, but if you say so, I assume you are right and it was probably missed.
It's nice to know that my idea is not completely far from reality 🫠

Yeah they do small stuff like ie change light , change oil , fixing radiators or quick things , change tires or fixing flat ones etc , just stuff easy and normally quickly , im truck driver and i have used before to fix tires and once a radiator that did blow up